|Born||28 March 1962|
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
|Occupation||Film director, producer, writer|
Roger Nygard (born March 28, 1962) is a film director and producer. As a director he has worked on Tales of the Unknown (1990), High Strung (1991), Back to Back (1996), Trekkies (1997), and Suckers (2001). He also directed "Grief Counseling", an episode from the American television comedy series The Office.
Nygard was born on March 28, 1962, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. His introduction into film making started at the age of seven when he found his father's 8mm camera. It had half a film roll left and with it he shot his first film.
Nygard directed Trekkies which was released in 1997, and its follow up Trekkies 2 some years later. He directed Suckers, a film which along with Joe Yannetty, he co-wrote the story for. The film was a 2001 Video Premiere Award Winner in the Screenplay category. It was also an award winner in the "Special Jury Artistic Merit Award" category, at the 2000 Cinequest Film Festival.
He directed and produced the 2010 documentary The Nature of Existence which was described by The Hollywood Reporter as "his earnest attempt to find meaning in the universe". He spent four years travelling the world, conducting 175 interviews with an assortment of people from different backgrounds. Editing from bout 450 hours of footage was used for the final product.
In 2013, Nygard entered into a deal with Country Music Television to film a reality show pilot episode which would feature the family of Brother Jed an evangelist. Nygard first saw him preach at the University of Minnesota when he was attending the college.
|Tales of the Unknown
|Back to Back||1996|
|The Nature of Existence||2010||Documentary|
|The Relationship Doctrine of Don Blanquito||2012||Documentary|
- "Roger Nygard". AllMovie. Retrieved 2018-01-27.
- Den of Geek, Jun 2, 2009 - Interview: Roger Nygard on Trekkies, Trekkies 2 and The Nature Of Existence, Interview - Simon Brew
- TrekNews.net, May 24, 2013 - Denise Crosby Talks TNG at 25, ‘Trekkies’ and Reprising the Role of Sela
- Variety, October 31, 1999 - Suckers By Robert Koehler
- Variety, October 23, 2001 - ‘Snow White’ & Barbie win vid awards, 2001 Video Premiere Award Winners By Scott Hettrick
- Mubi.com - SUCKERS, Directed by Roger Nygard, United States, 200, Comedy
- metroactive, February 17-23, 2000 - Eleven Days In the Valley, Our critics pick out the highs and lows at this year's Cinequest festival, Suckers By Richard von Busack
- The Hollywood Reporter, 14-10-2010 - The Nature of Existence -- Film Review by Sheri Linden
- The Maneater, Sep. 25, 2013 - Brother Jed might star in CMT reality show - By Claudia Guthrie
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roger Nygard.|