November 6, 1936
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.
|Occupation||Correspondent, News anchor, producerauthor|
Roger Welsch (born November 6, 1936) was a senior correspondent on the CBS News Sunday Morning program, and was featured in a segment called "Postcards from Nebraska." An author, humorist and folklorist, Welsch was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, and today lives outside of Dannebrog, Nebraska. Welsch was the 2005 winner of the Henry Fonda Award, from the State of Nebraska Travel and Tourism Division.
- Weed 'em and Reap. Falcon, 2006.
- From Tinkering to Torquing: A Beginner's Guide to Tractors and Tools. MBI Publishing Company, 2005.
- A Life with Dogs. Motorbooks International, 2004.
- Everything I Know About Women, I Learned From My Tractor, MBI Publishing Company, 2002, 2003
- Old Tractors Never Die: Roger's Guide to the Care and Feeding of Ancient Iron. Voyageur Press, 2001.
- Postcards from Nebraska: The Stories Behind the Stories as Seen on CBS News "Sunday Morning." J&L Lee Company, 2000.
- Love, Sex, and Tractors. Motorbooks International, 2000.
- Diggin' in and Piggin' Out: The Truth About Food and Men. New York: HarperCollins, 1997.
- Busted Tractors and Rusty Knuckles: Norwegian Torque Wrench Techniques and Other Fine Points of Tractor Restoration. Motorbooks International, 1997.
- Old Tractors and the Men Who Love Them: How to Keep Your Tractors Happy and Your Family Running. Motorbooks International, 1995.
- Uncle Smoke Stories: Four Fires in the Big Belly Lodge of the Nehawka. New York: Knopf, 1994.
- Touching the Fire: Buffalo Dancers, the Sky Bundle, and Other Tales. New York: Fawcett, 1993.
- Liar's Too: Liar's Corner — The Saga Continues: Another Two and a Half Years of Laughter from the Nebraska Farmer's Liar's Corner. Lincoln: J&L Lee Company, 1993.
- You Know You're a Nebraskan. Lincoln: J&L Lee Company, 1991.
- Sod Walls." Lincoln: J&L Lee Company, 1991.
- It's Not the End of the World But You Can See It From Here. New York: Ballantine, 1990.
- Mister, You Got Yourself a Horse: Tales of Old-Time Horse Trading. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1987.
- Shingling the Fog and Other Plains Lies. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1986.
- Catfish at the Pump: Humor and the Frontier. with Linda K. Welsch. Lincoln: U of Nebraska P, 1986.
- A Treasury of Nebraska Pioneer Folklore. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1984.
- Cather's Kitchens: Foodways in Literature and Life. With Linda K. Welsch. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 1983.
- Omaha Tribal Myths and Tricksters Tales. Swallow Press, 1981.
- Tall-Tale Postcards: A Pictorial History. Oak Tree Publications, 1976.
- The Prairie: Pistol to Plow. Lincoln, NE: Media Productions, 1986.
- Omaha Indian Music. (liner notes) American Folklife Center, 1985.
- Sweet Nebraska Land. Folkways Records, 1965.
- "Henry Fonda Award", Nebraska Travel and Tourism Division, 2005.
- "Man of the Year In Service to Nebraska Agriculture", 1996.
- "Mari Sandoz Award" from the Nebraska Library Association.
- "President's Award for creative young faculty", Nebraska Wesleyan University, 1967.
- "Roger Welsch," CBS.
- "Roger Welsch," Nebraska Center for Writers.
- Sweet Nebraska Land Album Details at Smithsonian Folkways