|Public (TSX: RSI)|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|A. Stuart Belkin, Chair
Edward Makin,, President CEO
Daniel L. Lafrance, CFO
Rogers Sugar Income Fund is the income trust that was established in October 1997 to act as a holding company for Lantic Sugar Limited that operates in Eastern Canada and Rogers Sugar Ltd. that is based in Western Canada. Together they form the largest refined sugar distributor in Canada.
Rogers Sugar began as separate companies on both the east and west coast of Canada:
- St. Lawrence Sugar - established in 1888 in Montreal and later acquired by Lantic Sugar 1984
- Rogers Sugar - established in 1890 in Vancouver by Benjamin Tingley Rogers (1865-1918), American-born founder His father was President of E.J. Gay’s Sugar of New Orleans.
- Atlantic Sugar - established in 1912 from the merger of three sugar refineries including Acadia Sugar Refining Co (established 1893 in Halifax and later renamed as Lantic Sugar. Lantic was owned by Steinberg's from 1981 to 1990.
- Lantic Incorporated - created from the merger of Rogers Sugar and Lantic Sugar in 2008
The combined company operates the following facilities:
- Montreal cane refinery - Located in Montreal the refinery was originally built in 1888 by St. Lawrence Sugar. A major upgrade was completed in December 2000 upgrading normal capacity to 440,000 tonnes (970,000,000 lb); this permitted the Saint John plant to close in July 2000.
- Vancouver cane refinery - Located in the Port of Vancouver the Vancouver facility primarily processes imported sugar cane into sugar products.
- Taber sugar beet factory - Located in Taber, Alberta this plant processes sugar beet into sugar products. The plant contracts with nearly 400 farmers each year to plant and grow sugar beets.
- Toronto Distribution Centre - Located in New Toronto (198 New Toronto Street) this warehouse received process sugar by rail and distributes them for Ontario region. Warehouse also stores liquid sugar in tanks and is a liquid sucrose melt facility.
- Toronto Blending operation - Located in Scarborough (230 Midwest Road) this 65,000 square feet (6,000 m2) facility used for bulk dry blending services
- "Investor Relations". Rogers Sugar. Retrieved May 10, 2011.
- "Facilities". Rogers Sugar. Retrieved May 10, 2011.