Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize
The Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize is a Canadian literary award presented by Rogers Communications and the Writers' Trust of Canada after an annual juried competition of works submitted by publishers. Alongside the Governor General's Award for English-language fiction and the Giller Prize, it is considered one of the three main awards for Canadian fiction in English.
First presented in 1997, the prize goes to the author of the novel or short story collection judged to be the year's best work of fiction. The prize awards $25,000 to the winning book and $3,500 to each of the finalists.
Nominees and recipients
- The Writers' Trust of Canada, Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize Archived 2007-05-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Who wins Canada’s literary prizes — and why". Maclean's, October 26, 2016.
- The Writers' Trust of Canada, Prizes & Awards Guidelines 2009. Archived 2009-09-02 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Emma Donoghue’s Room a Writers’ Trust finalist". Toronto Star, September 29, 2010.
- "Patrick deWitt’s 'The Sisters Brothers' wins Writers’ Trust Prize". The Globe and Mail, November 1, 2011.
- "Tamas Dobozy wins Rogers Writers’ Trust Fiction Prize for Siege 13" Archived 2013-12-03 at Archive.is. National Post, November 7, 2012.
- Medley, Mark (4 November 2014). "Miriam Toews wins Writers' Trust award for All My Puny Sorrows". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
- "Globe columnist among Rogers Writers’ Trust Fiction Prize nominees". The Globe and Mail, September 29, 2015.
- "André Alexis wins Rogers Writers’ Trust Fiction Prize". The Globe and Mail, November 3, 2015.
- "Rogers Writers’ Trust: Celebrating the 2016 winners". Maclean's, November 3, 2016.
- "David Chariandy, Billie Livingston, and Diane Schoemperlen among the winners at the 2017 Writers’ Trust awards". Quill & Quire, November 14, 2017.
- "Edugyan, Hage among Rogers Writers’ Trust Fiction finalists". Quill & Quire, September 26, 2018.
- "Books inspired by the authors’ parents win the top Writers’ Trust Awards". Toronto Star, November 7, 2018.
- Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize, official website