Richfield Township, Genesee County, Michigan
|Township of Richfield
|• Supervisor||Joseph M. Madore|
|• Clerk||Lisa Holmes|
|• Treasurer||Joyce M. Schneider|
|• Total||36.4 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.3 sq mi (91.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.1 sq mi (2.8 km2) 2.94%|
|Elevation||778 ft (237 m)|
|• Density||231.4/sq mi (89.4/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626968|
- Richfield Center is a small unincorporated community within the township at M-15 and Coldwater Road.
- Rogersville is a small unincorporated community within the township on Mt. Morris Road east of Vassar Road.
- Russellville is a small unincorporated community within the township at Coldwater Road and Irish Road.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.4 square miles (94.2 km²), of which 35.3 square miles (91.4 km²) is land and 1.1 square miles (2.8 km²) (2.94%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 8,170 people, 2,967 households, and 2,358 families residing in the township. The population density was 231.4 per square mile (89.4/km²). There were 3,125 housing units at an average density of 88.5 per square mile (34.2/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 94.53% White, 2.46% African American, 0.48% Native American, 0.21% Asian, 0.43% from other races, and 1.90% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.57% of the population.
There were 2,967 households out of which 36.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.4% were married couples living together, 9.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.5% were non-families. 16.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 3.07.
In the township the population was spread out with 26.5% under the age of 18, 8.2% from 18 to 24, 29.7% from 25 to 44, 26.2% from 45 to 64, and 9.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 98.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.3 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $51,265, and the median income for a family was $58,467. Males had a median income of $42,538 versus $30,202 for females. The per capita income for the township was $21,177. About 4.3% of families and 5.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.1% of those under age 18 and 4.2% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Richfield Township, Genesee County, Michigan
- Genesee County Map. J. Shively. State of Michigan Department of Information Technology Technology Center for Genographic Information. September 2007.