Rogla Ski Resort
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Unitur Rogla Ski Resort|
Rogla Ski Resort view from Jurgovo
|Nearest city||Slovenske Konjice|
|Vertical||467 m (1,532 ft) total|
|Top elevation||1,517 m (4,977 ft) Planja|
|Base elevation||1,050 m (3,445 ft) Jurgovo|
|Skiable area||247 acres (1.00 km2)|
Total 13 km4 km
|Longest run||1.3 km (0.81 mi)|
|Lift system||11 total
- 2 chairlifts
- 9 Surface lifts
|Snowfall||550 cm (220 in)|
Rogla (Slovene: Smučišče Rogla) is a ski resort in Slovenia, located on the southwestern face of Rogla mountain in the municipality of Zreče. The main hotel and sport area opened in late 1975 at an elevation of 1,517 m (4,977 ft) above sea level.
In 1974 Unior's management commissioned studies for the development of Rogla as a ski resort. The road leading to the peak was widened and the first ski lifts were built.
In 1978 construction began on the Hotel Dobrava in Zreče and the Hotel Planja on Rogla. The Hotel Planja opened in 1980, with the new ski lifts, and by 1981 the Hotel Dobrava had opened, along with a new swimming pool and athletics and football stadium.
By the 1990s Rogla had a capacity of over 1,200 beds and ski lifts handling 12,200 skiers per hour.
- Hotel Planja
- Hotel Rogla
- Hotel Brinje
- Rogla Bungalows
- Jurgovo Cabins
- Jelka Youth Accommodation
- Dom na pesku
- Fun Park Rogla (snowboarding)
- Alpine coaster Zlodejevo (year round)
- Stadium at 1,500 m altitude (soccer, athletics)
- Sports hall at 1,500 m altitude (tennis, basketball, fitness, squash, climbing wall, handball)
- Outside courts at 1,500 m altitude (tennis, basketball, handball, small football)
- Cross country skiing (30 km/19 miles)
- "The grand finale of the ski season in Slovenia". I Feel Slovenia. 21 February 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2017.