This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|District||North West Delhi|
|• Body||North Delhi Municipal Corporation|
|• Member of Parliament||Dr. Udit Raj|
|• Total||60.880 km2 (23.506 sq mi)|
|Elevation||216.2 m (709.3 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||North-West Delhi|
|Civic agency||North Delhi Municipal Corporation|
Rohini is a 30-year-old upmarket and relatively well-developed residential sub-city in North West Delhi in India, widely considered as one of the upfront residential areas of the capital. It is the second largest sub-city in Asia, after Dwarka Sub City in South West Delhi. It was the first mega sub-city project of Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in the urban extension of Delhi, started in 1980s to provide composite society, for all income groups. Rohini sub-city consists of two part zones namely Zone "H" Part (Phase I and phase II) and Zone "M" Part (Phase III, IV and V). It is one of the 12 zones, area under the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. BJP Member here is the Member of Legislative Assembly of Delhi for Rohini Vidhan Sabha Constituency.
The neighboring areas are Badli, Pitampura, Shalimar Bagh, Haider Pur, Mangol Puri, Paschim Vihar, Narela Sub City, Budh Vihar, Mukarba Chowk, Shahbaad Daulatpur (Delhi Technological University) and Bawana. 
It has three stations on Red Line of Delhi Metro Line 1, which connects from Dilshad Garden, Kashmere Gate to Rohini East, Rohini West and Rithala Stations, making it one of Delhi Metro's major hubs.
Following extensions of routes are proposed:
(i). From existing Rithala Station up to Barwala (Rohini Ph.IV-V)
(ii). From Sanjay Gandhi Transport Terminal to Narela.
(iii). Under Phase III, the Yellow Line is extended further north from Jahangirpuri station by 4.48 km. Two addition stations are built to extend the line to Badli: 1) Shalimar Bagh 2) Rohini Sector 18 3) Badli
Population and area
Rohini (Phases I and II)
- Phases I and II consist of 19 sectors, i.e., Sector 1 to Sector 19 (17 residential and two commercial sectors).
- Area: 2015 Ha.
- Population: 7 lakhs.
Rohini (Phase III)
- Phase III consists of six sectors i.e. from Sector 20 to 25.
- Area: 1010 Ha.(Available Land for Phase III-700 Ha.)
- Population: 1.6 lakhs.
Rohini (Phases IV and V)
- Phases IV (consisting of Sector 26 to Sector 33) and Phase V (consisting of Sector 34 to Sector 42) are to be developed.
- No. of Residential Pockets (under acquired Land):- 21 Pkts
- GR. Housing Pockets:- 8
- Co-Operative Housing Pockets:- 5
- Area: 4533 Ha. (Already acquired and under planning-788 Ha.)
- Projected population (on acquired land): 2 Lakhs.
Phases IV and V are based on the following:
- Integration of arterial road network systems with the city network linking other sub cities like Dwarka and Narela.
- Introduction of planning measures for controlling unauthorized commercialization of Residential Plots along major traffic corridors and achieving safe and pollution free residential environment.
- Establishing an efficient, reliable and attractive multi modal transport, with favourable conditions for safe use of bicycles and pedestrian movements.
- Introduction of Urban Form and Visual characteristics with continuity of n=harmony of open space.
The residential colonies here are accompanied by sprawling parks and adjacent bus stands.
- Sector 3 is the biggest sector and sector 2 is the smallest sector in Rohini Sub City.
- Sector 6 having Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital which is one of govt. aided hospital in delhi
- Sector 10, Rohini is the commercial center. Many Shopping malls like D-Mall, City Center, and a five-star hotel, Crowne Plaza have recently come up in this sector.
- Sector 7 can be considered as chandni chowk of rohini because of D-12 market and Naharpur. It is a good place to shop and eat. It has also wide number of schools, both private and public in the area.
- Sectors 8,9,11,13,14 are the most posh sectors, they consist of Apartments and Co-operative Group Housing Societies.
These sectors are close to Outer Ring Road and have facilities like banks, metro, multiplex, malls, markets, hospitals, Sports Complex, wide roads with rows of trees on both sides, and fully developed parks and famous schools. The main attraction of these sectors is the greenery. Also you may spot his highness the crowned prince of Ladrawan Ch. Akhil Chhillar ji here, who usually keeps a low profile with limited public interaction, happens to own an apartment in sector-9 itself.
- Sectors 16,17,18,19 are situated at the corner of Rohini near Bypass of Delhi.
- Sector 24 and 25 are blossoming sectors near Rithala.
- Sector 24 and 25 are primarily residential sectors where there are many reputed schools and play schools in close vicinity like Ryan International School, Delhi Public School, Maxfort School, Heritage School, Sovereign Public School, Vikas Bharti Public School, Prince Public School, Bachpan Play School etc. There is also a shopping complex near Balaji Babosa Chowk.
- Sector 22 is in developing stage. It also has an Engineering College: Maharaja Agarsen Institute of Technology & Management. Construction of multi-speciality hospital (Maharaja Agarsen Hospital) is in full swing. This sector is situated near Begumpur Village (Begumpur Police Station).
- Sector 23 is an immediate neighbour to sector 24. It is a developing area with malls, roads etc. under development stage. It also has two schools, namely, Heritage Public School and Maxfort Public School.
- Sectors 20 to 51 are in the developing stage and growing at rapid pace due to setup of Bawana Industrial Area.
- Sector 5 having Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital & Mount Abu Public school. Also it have Mother"s pride & seedling school for less than 3yrs babies.
- Sector 3 has Manglam Place in which various malls & multiplex like Ring Road Mall, M2K,Vikas Surya Plaza, Ritu Wears & many more are developing & soon become a business hub of Rohini.
- Sector 1, 2, 3 and 4 and Vijay Vihar are the residential areas. sector 1, 2 and 4 combines have many small markets for every kind of needs.
Parks and Sports Complex
Rohini is a well planned subcity. It has two big Parks one of them is the Sector-9 District Park, and the other is Swaranjyanti Park (popularly known as the Japanese Park). The Japanese Park also has a small pond, and is a local attraction of sorts. In both the parks, residents can be seen performing Yoga, in groups, during morning and evening hours.
Apart from this Sector-9 also has a DDA Sports Complex, with facilities like Swimming Pool, Indoor Badminton courts, Cricket Ground, TT courts, Lawn Tennis courts, Gymnasium, Squash courts, Billiards tables, and a Skating rink. Which is accessible to both members and non-members for a small fee.