Rohit Bal in 2011
May 8, 1961 |
|Education||Burn Hall School, St. Stephen's College, Delhi, National Institute of Fashion Technology|
|Awards||IFA Designer of the Year in 2001 and 2004|
Rohit Bal is a fashion designer from New Delhi, India. He designs for both men and women. Rohit Bal was born in Kashmir. He graduated from Burn Hall School, Srinagar and then received a Bachelor's degree in history from St. Stephens College. He also studied at the National Institute of Fashion Technology.
Bal started his career with his brother Rajiv Bal in New Delhi in 1986 the Company Orchid Oversea Pvt.Ltd, and started his own first independent collection in 1990.
Bal was also chosen by the Khadi Gram Udyog, the largest handloom textile operation in Panchkula, to work with them. Bal won the 'Designer of the Year' award at the Indian Fashion Awards in 2006. He has also won 'Designer of the Year' at the Kingfisher Fashion Achievement Awards in 2001. He was announced as the Lakme Grand Finale Designer for 2012.
Bal opened a flagship store in Delhi, as well as stores in Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Chennai. Bal has also ventured into the designing jewellery.
Bal's clientele list includes Uma Thurman, Cindy Crawford, Pamela Anderson, Naomi Campbell and Anna Kournikova. Most of his fashion shows in India, New York, Paris and Singapore are sponsored by The Swatch Group. He has also been the brand ambassador for Omega SA since 2001.
He is best known for his use of lotus and peacock motifs. He frequently uses rich fabrics like velvet, brocade and his designs are elaborate, inspired by the Indian grandeur and royalty.
- Dugal, Jasmeen. "Rohit Bal". Know Your Designers. Explosive Fashion. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "Rohit Bal". Pink Villa. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Vyavahare, Renuka (23 February 2012). "Rohit Bal to host Lakme Grand Finale". Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Ahuja, Shilpa. "Rohit Bal Autumn Winter 2015 Couture Fashion Show Review". Shilpa's Lifestyle Blog. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rohit Bal.|
- Official website
- http://www.styleandsparkle.com - Indian Online Fashion Magazine
- Rohit Bal at the Internet Movie Database