|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
ROHN Products, LLC, formerly ROHN Industries, Inc. and UNR Industries, Inc., is a leading manufacturer of telecommunications towers, poles, mounts, and other materials. ROHN products include support structures for antennae, private microwave, cellular telephone, personal communications systems, commercial broadcasting and amateur radio, etc.
Rohn Manufacturing was founded in 1948. Rohn towers were clearly one the world leaders in manufacturing of towers and other communication products. Rohn towers are located all over the world. The company was later sold to UNARCO Industries in the 1970s. UNARCO Industries, Inc. declared bankruptcy in 1982 and was reorganized as UNR Industries, Inc., later changing the name to ROHN Industries, Inc. In 2003, Rohn Industries, Inc. was acquired by Radian Corporation and in 2008 Rohn Products, LLC became independent again.
A substantial portion of the existing private and commercial telecommunications infrastructure in the United States involves ROHN products
ROHN had manufacturing facilities in Illinois, Alabama, Indiana, Arizona, and Mexico over the years. The Bessemer, Alabama plant is believed to be one of the largest equipment enclosure plants in the world.
During its history, UNR Industries owned steel production and fabricating facility Midwest Steel.
- history of Rohn Industries, Inc.
- Radian Acquisition of Rohn Industries
- Historical SEC data for Rohn Industries 2001.
- Slowing of American Metals Market (data) in 1998.
- Impact of 1989 IRS tax rulings on UNR Industries.
- Interview with Brian Pemberton.
- Oversight hearing on the effect of the Manville and UNR bankruptcies on compensation of asbestos victims.
- extensive discussion of continued use and servicing of Rohn steel tubing and communications products, safety issues, and related information.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|