|Born||16 September 1959
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Other names||Chembaruthi, Shobana|
|Children||Tarun Kumar and Amulya|
Roja Ramani (born 1959) is a South Indian movie actress who predominantly worked in Telugu cinema. She was a child star in her debut movie Bhakta Prahlada (1967), and was popular during the 1970s and early 1980s. She has acted in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada movies. She is an active member of BlueCross and involves in several social service activities.
She is married to S. Chakrapani, a producer/director and Head of ETV Oriya channel.
Ramani has a son, Tharun. As a child artist he has won Best Child Artist Award for his first movie Anjali at the age of 7yrs and at the age of 17 years he acted as a hero in Nuvve Kavali produced by Usha kiran movies (Ramoji Rao) which was one of the biggest hits in Telugu film industry.
She has a daughter, Amulya, who has a psychology degree and is currently pursuing interior design in Los Angeles, USA.
Ramani who was born on 16 September 1959. She has more than 45 years of film experience. She acted in more than 300 films in different languages like Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi and Oriya. She also dubbed her voice for over 400 films in Telugu and Tamil for all the leading heroines at the time like Suhasini, Meena, Radhika, Ramya Krishna, Roja, Vijaya Shanthi, Shilpa Shetty, Divya Bharathi, Nagma, Khushboo etc.
She had started her career at the age of 5yrs in 1966 as a title role in a popular and Evergreen Film called Bhaktha Prahaladha in Telugu language. It is the first full length Eastman color feature film which was produced by AVM Productions. It was a blockbuster hit film.
She acted in more than 70 films as a child artist and at the age of 13 years she acted as a heroine in Malayalam movie called Chambarathi which went on to be a record breaking hit and was a trendsetter at the time. The same movie was remade with Ramani in Telugu as Kanne Vayasu and in Tamil as Paruva Kalam which also went on to be huge hits.
She was also the Jury member of AP NANDI Awards, AP State Television Awards, International Children’s Film Festival Awards, FilmFare Awards, International Film Festival- Indian Panorama Awards, and Zee Kutumbam Awards etc.
- National Film Award for Best Child Artist for portraying Prahlada in Bhakta Prahlada - Roja Ramani - 1967
She has won more than 50 awards and rewards for her performances and voice dubbing. Like AP State Govt. NANDI Awards, Kerala State Govt, FilmFare, Cinema Express, Cine Herald, Malayala Manorama, Cine Goers, Madras Film Fans Associaction etc.
She was felicitated in 75 years of Indian Cinema Celebration and also in 100 years Cinema Celebration.
She has been honored in America, by Telugu Fine Arts Community in New Jersey and by Telugu Association in Tampa, Florida for her lifetime achievement and contribution to film industry.
- Poompaatta (1971).... Sumathy
- Inquilab Sindabad (1971)
- Chembarathy - 1972 .... Santha
- Panitheeratha Veedu - 1973
- Chaayam - 1973
- Mazhakkaru - 1973 .... Shantha
- Darshanam - 1973
- Gayathri - 1973
- Pani Theeratha Veedu - 1973
- Kaamini - 1974
- Bhoogolam Thiriyunnu (1974)
- Mattoru Seetha - 1975
- Amma - 1976
- Sangamam - 1977
- Anadam Paramanantham - 1977
- Puthariyankam - 1978
- Venalil Oru Mazha - 1979
- Maalika Paniyunnavar - 1979
- Yakshipparu - 1979
- Jeevitham Oru Gaanam (1979) - Omana
- Raathrikal Ninakku Vendi - 1979
- Idimuzhakkam - 1980
- Agnikshethram - (1980) ..... Radha
- Palattu Kunjikannan - 1980
- Moorkhan - 1980.... Rajani
- Rajaneegandhi - 1980.... Usha
- Ambala Vilakku - 1980
- Agnikshethram - 1980
- Raktham - 1981
- Oothikachiya Ponnu (1981) .... Shalini
- Sanchari - 1981 .... Sumam
- Jeevikkan Padikkanam - 1981
- Kadathu - 1981 .... Maalu
- Jeevante Jeevan - 1985
- Bhakta Prahalada - 1967
- Ramalayam - 1971
- Sattekaalapu Satteyya
- Kanne Vayasu - 1973
- O Seeta Katha - 1974
- Bali Peetam - 1975 (as Sarada's sister)
- Alu Magalu - 1977
- Lambadolla Ramadasu - 1978
- Sommokadidhi Sokokadidhi - 1979
- Punadhirallu - 1979
- Magadheerudu - 1986
- Assembly Rowdy (as News Reader)
- Driver Ramudu (as NTR's sister)
- Iru Malargal - 1967
- En Magan - 1974
- Ethiroli - 1970
- Enga Mama - 1970
- Paruva Kaalam
- Bhaktha Prahalaadha
- Kokila - 1977
- Bangarada Mane - 1981
- O Seeta Katha movie profile Telugu Cinema.com http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publish/movieretrospect/oseetakatha_retro_printer.php
- Roja Ramani filmography from Cinegoer http://www.cinegoer.com/tollydb/rojaramani.htm