This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Suresh Krissna|
|Produced by||K. Sukumar|
|Screenplay by||Suresh Krissna|
|Cinematography||P. S. Prakash|
|Edited by||Gowtham Raju|
Sukumar Art Combines
Rojavai Killathe (lit. Don't pinch the rose) is a 1993 Tamil language crime film directed by Suresh Krissna. The film features Arjun and Kushboo in lead roles with Tiger Prabhakar as the antagonist. The film, produced by K. Sukumar, had musical score by Deva and was released on 3 December 1993. The film was later dubbed into Hindi as Jallad in 2006. It is a remake of the 1988 Bollywood film Tezaab which was also remade in Telugu as Two Town Rowdy in 1989.
Alexander (Arjun) is a henchman who works for the smuggler Peter (Tiger Prabhakar) and Alexander is considered by Peter as his faithful henchman. Peter often confronts his enemy Ayyanar (Radha Ravi). Ayyanar forces the innocent Anu (Kushboo) to dance on stage and he ill-treats her. Peter orders Alexander to kill the Ayyanar's weak point Anu. Alexander cannot kill her and finally shoots on her shoulder. Wounded, Anu is admitted to hospital. Then, Alexander decides to save her from Peter and Ayyanar.
- Arjun as Alexander (Duraipandi)
- Kushboo as Anu
- Radha Ravi as Ayyanar
- Tiger Prabhakar as Peter
- Goundamani as David
- Senthil as T.V.Thandavarayan
- Sarath Babu as Sathasivam, Alexander's brother
- Venniradai Moorthy
- Oru Viral Krishna Rao
- Ra. Sankaran as Somanathan,Anu's father
- Renuka as Sathasivam's wife
- Sharmili as David's wife
- LIC Narasimman as a doctor
- Nalini Kanth
- Master Robert as Naina
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Arthamulla Pattu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra, Baby Sujatha||5:02|
|2.||"Moodiko Moodiko"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Swarnalatha||4:57|
|3.||"Nee Oru Pakkam"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||4:33|
|5.||"Yamuna Nathi Karaiyil"||K. S. Chithra||5:04|
The Indian Express wrote, "Director Suresh Krishna's takings are slick and sophisticated. He has used his cinematographer Prakash to good effect. The visuals are crisp and elegant, the locations lush and inviting. But that's all there is to the film, the flashiness." New Strait Times wrote "Director Suresh Krishna should have concentrated more on building up the story instead of just the stunts".
- "Filmography of rojavai killathe". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 23 February 2014.[dead link]
- "Rojavai Killadhei (1993) Tamil Movie". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "Rojavai Killathe". Amazon Music. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Flashy, just that". The Indian Express. 3 December 1993. p. 6.
- Vijiyan, K. (8 January 1994). "Full of holes and strictly for Arjun's fans". New StraitsTimes.