Dame Roksanda Ilinčić
|Education||University of Arts in Belgrade, Central Saint Martins|
|Occupation||Fashion designer, businesswoman|
|Spouse(s)||Philip Bueno de Mesquita|
|Awards||2012 Red Carpet Award, British Fashion Awards|
Ilincic lives in north London with her husband and their daughter.
Ilincic studied architecture and design at the Faculty of Applied Arts, University of Arts in Belgrade, before coming to study at Central Saint Martins in London in 1999, where she earned her master's degree in Womenswear.
She has been showing her collections on the London Fashion Week schedule since 2005, later adding swimwear and blossom, a childrenswear line, to the ready-to-wear offering.
The first ROKSANDA store - a collaboration with architect David Adjaye - opened in June 2014 at 9 Mount Street in London's Mayfair. In 2016 Roksanda Ilincic has won British Designer of the Year at Elle Style Awards.In November 2014, she was named Business Woman of the Year at the Harper's Bazaar UK Women of the Year Awards. The year before Roksanda won the Red Carpet Designer award at the British Elle Style Awards and in 2012 the Red Carpet Award at the British Fashion Awards.
ROKSANDA designs are currently on display at the Women, Fashion, Power exhibit at the Design Museum; they have also been featured in the Victoria & Albert Museum's exhibition Ballgowns: British Glamour since 1950.
Awards and distinctions
In 2018, Ilincic was a recipient of the "Knight of the St. Sava Order of Diplomatic Pacifism" award. The honor was bestowed upon her by the Serbian Minister of Foreign Affairs Ivica Dacic.
- Evening Standard profile https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/roksanda-ilincic-the-goth-strips-off-6489804.html
- Daily Telegraph: World of designer Roksanda Ilincic http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/article/TMG8555379/World-of-designer-Roksanda-Ilincic.html
- London Fashion Week profile http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/roksandailincic
- Feitelberg, Rosemary (2016-07-19). "Melania Trump Wears Roksanda at Republican National Convention". Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "Dačić dodelio najviša diplomatska priznanja, među laureatima modna kreatorka, humintarac, preživeli logoraši Jasenovca..." (in Serbian). Blic. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 29 May 2018.