|Birth name||Roland Bautista|
|Born||May 30, 1951|
|Died||February 29, 2012(aged 60)|
|Genres||Jazz, R&B, Soul, Pop, Rock, Blues|
|Instruments||Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar|
|Associated acts||Earth, Wind & Fire, The Crusaders, Ronnie Laws, George Duke, Ramsey Lewis, Tom Waits|
Earth, Wind & Fire
Bautista first played as a rhythm guitarist on Earth, Wind & Fire's 1972 album Last Days and Time. He left the band soon after the album's release, but returned in 1981 to replace departed guitarist Al McKay. Bautista played on the Earth, Wind & Fire albums Raise!, Powerlight and Electric Universe from 1981 to 1983. The band then took a four-year hiatus, and Bautista did not return when they reconvened in 1987.
Work with other artists
As a rhythm guitarist Bautista played on Ronnie Laws's 1975 debut LP Pressure Sensitive and The Crusaders 1976 album Free As The Wind. Bautista then issued two solo LPs on ABC Records being 1977's Bautista and 1978's The Heat Of The Wind. As well he played upon B.B. King's 1978 album Midnight Believer and Tom Waits' 1978 release Blue Valentine. He also featured on The Crusaders' 1978 record Images, George Duke's 1978 LP Don't Let Go and The Jacksons 1978 album Destiny. Bautista later played upon The Crusaders' 1979 release Street Life and Dee Dee Bridgewater's Bad for Me LP of 1979.
Bautista once again played with Tom Waits on his 1980 Heartattack and Vine album. He also featured upon Randy Crawford's album of the same year Now You May Begin. As well Bautista made guest appearances on Ramsey Lewis's 1980 album Routes, The Dramatics 1980 LP 10 1/2 and George Duke's 1980 album A Brazilian Love Affair. During 1981 he featured on Stanley Turrentine's LP Tender Togetherness, the Yellowjackets self titled debut album and Ella Fitzgerald's album Ella Abraça Jobim.
Bautista went on to play rhythm guitar on Morris Day's 1985 album Color of Success. He again collaborated with Ramsey Lewis on his 1987 album Keys to the City. On Keys to the City he played alongside his former EWF bandmates Maurice White, Larry Dunn and Don Myrick.
On February 29, 2012, Roland Bautista died of natural causes.  He was 60 years old.
- 1972 Last Days and Time - Earth, Wind & Fire
- 1975 Pressure Sensitive - Ronnie Laws
- 1976 Free as the Wind - The Crusaders
- 1977 Bautista - Roland Bautista
- 1977 Friends & Strangers - Ronnie Laws
- 1977 Genie - Bobby Lyle
- 1977 New Warrior - Bobby Lyle
- 1977 Peddlin' Music on the Side - Lamont Dozier
- 1978 Blue Valentine - Tom Waits
- 1978 Destiny - The Jacksons
- 1978 Flame - Ronnie Laws
- 1978 Don't Let Go - George Duke
- 1978 Images - The Crusaders
- 1978 Heat of the Wind - Roland Bautista
- 1978 Midnight Believer - B.B. King
- 1979 Street Life - The Crusaders
- 1979 Master Of The Game - George Duke
- 1980 Seawind - Seawind
- 1980 A Brazilian Love Affair - George Duke
- 1980 Heartattack and Vine - Tom Waits
- 1980 10 1/2 - The Dramatics
- 1980 Now We May Begin - Randy Crawford
- 1980 Rhapsody and Blues - The Crusaders
- 1980 Routes - Ramsey Lewis
- 1980 Tender Togetherness - Stanley Turrentine
- 1981 Electric Collection - Ramsey Lewis
- 1981 Solid Ground - Ronnie Laws
- 1981 Raise! - Earth, Wind & Fire
- 1982 Powerlight - Earth, Wind & Fire
- 1983 Electric Universe - Earth, Wind & Fire
- 1986 Color of Success - Morris Day
- 1987 Keys to the City - Ramsey Lewis
- "Former Earth Wind & Fire guitarist Roland Bautista dies | SoulTracks - Soul Music Biographies, News and Reviews". SoulTracks. 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Roland Batistuta - credits". allmusic.com. Retrieved 6 June 2009.
- "Ramsey Lewis: Keys to the City". allmusic.com.
|This article on a guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|