|Dates||1986 - 1987|
|Price||£2195 UK $2695 US|
|Filter||Low-pass, hi-pass digital filters|
|Storage memory||RAM (512K)|
|Keyboard||61 keys weighted|
|Left-hand control||pitch-bend and modulation wheels, volume, record level, controller / bend range sliders.|
The Roland S-50 is a 61-key 12-bit sampler keyboard produced by the Roland Corporation in 1986. It featured a 3.5-inch DSDD floppy disk drive and had external CRT monitor support to facilitate editing of samples. It could hold up to 32 samples. A rack-mounted version was also available, which featured expanded memory.
A rack-mountable version was released in 1987, which also had twice the sample memory (1.5 Mb), time-variant filters. A less feature-rich version of the S-550 was also available as the S-330. Both can support the DT-100 Digitizer Tablet and an external computer monitor for visual manipulation of the samples on screen.
- "Roland S-50 Sampling Keyboard (SOS Dec 86)". www.muzines.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "Roland S-50". Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Roland S-50 | Vintage Synth Explorer". www.vintagesynth.com. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- SynthArk, Designed by www.1234.info / Modified. "S-550". www.synthark.org. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Roland S-50 Sampling Keyboard". Sound On Sound. December 1986. pp. 18–22. ISSN 0951-6816. OCLC 925234032.
- "Roland S50 Sampling Keyboard". Music Technology. Vol. 1 no. 2. December 1986. p. 42. ISSN 0957-6606. OCLC 24835173.