|Role||Ultralight aircraft and Light-sport aircraft|
|Status||In production (2012)|
€60,600 (assembled, 2011)
The Roland Z-602 is a German ultralight and light-sport aircraft, produced by Roland Aircraft of Mendig. The aircraft is supplied as a kit for amateur construction or as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft.
Design and development
The aircraft was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules and US light-sport aircraft rules. It features a cantilever low-wing, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration enclosed cockpit under a bubble canopy, fixed tricycle landing gear or conventional landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft is made from sheet aluminum. Its 8.23 m (27.0 ft) span wing has an area of 12.4 m2 (133 sq ft) and flaps. The standard engine available is the 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS four-stroke powerplant.
The Z-602 is offered with three landing gear configurations: fixed tricycle, conventional and retractable as the RG model. It is sold with two different levels of options, the Economy and the Exclusiv.
Specifications (Z-602 Exclusiv RG)
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 6.10 m (20 ft 0 in)
- Wingspan: 8.23 m (27 ft 0 in)
- Wing area: 12.4 m2 (133 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 286 kg (631 lb)
- Gross weight: 590 kg (1,301 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 130 litres (29 imp gal; 34 US gal) in two tanks
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 75 kW (101 hp)
- Maximum speed: 243 km/h (151 mph; 131 kn)
- Cruising speed: 230 km/h (143 mph; 124 kn)
- Stall speed: 63 km/h (39 mph; 34 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 243 km/h (151 mph; 131 kn)
- Service ceiling: 3,658 m (12,000 ft)
- g limits: +6/-6
- Rate of climb: 5 m/s (980 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 47.6 kg/m2 (9.7 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 73. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Federal Aviation Administration (21 June 2012). "SLSA Make/Model Directory". Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "602 Technische Daten". Roland-aircraft.de. Retrieved 2012-08-29.