Rolando Garibotti is an Argentinian and American professional climber, writer, and mountain guide. He is from Bariloche, Argentina. These days he splits his time between the town of El Chaltén, Argentina, and the Dolomites in Italy.
In April 2009 the Italian government recognized his sporting achievements by awarding him with the title of Cavaliere dell'Ordine della Stella della solidarietà italiana.
- 2001 Infinite Spur, Mount Foraker, Alaska Range, Alaska, USA. Fifth ascent of route with Steve House, June 9–10, 2001 in 25 hours (to summit) with 20 hours for the descent
- 2005 El Arca de los vientos, Cerro Torre, Patagonia. FA with Ermanno Salvaterra and Alessandro Beltrami, summitting November 13, 2005.
- 2008 Torre Traverse, (VI 5.11 A1 WI6 Mushroom Ice 6, 2200m) Garibotti succeeded in accomplishing the first ascent of the traverse route with Colin Haley on January 21–24, 2008. This mountain group is situated in Patagonia, Argentina. The Torre Traverse climbs from north to south the skyline comprised by Aguja Standhardt, Punta Herron, Torre Egger, and Cerro Torre with approximately 2,200 meters of vertical gain. For maximum efficiency, Haley and Garibotti divided the leads based on their differing skills, with Haley leading the pure ice and rime pitches, and Garibotti leading the rock and rime-covered rock
- A mountain unveiled: a revealing analysis of Cerro Torre’s tallest tale, American Alpine Journal 2004
- The Torre Traverse, Alpinist 25, 2008
- John Harlin III, editor (2002). The American Alpine Journal. New York, New York, USA: The American Alpine Club. pp. 226–227. ISBN 0-930410-91-2.
- "Maestri raises hell hours before Piolet d'Or is awarded". MountEverst.net. Explorersweb.com. February 9, 2006. Retrieved May 27, 2009.
- Climbing.com Garibotti and Haley Complete Torre Traverse Archived 2011-01-18 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 21 January 2011
- Garibotti, Rolando (September 2008). "The Torre Traverse". Alpinist. Jackson, Wyoming, USA: Alpinist Magazine. 2008 (25): 52–59.
- Patagonia sustainable trails projects, patagonjournal.com
- Garibotti, Rolando (2004). "A Mountain Unveiled". American Alpine Journal. Golden, CO, USA: American Alpine Club. 46 (78): 138–155. ISBN 0-930410-95-5.