|Born||1962 (age 58–59)|
|Alma mater||University of Texas at San Antonio, St. Philip's College|
|Occupation||photojournalist, photographer, instructor, author, writer|
Rolando Gómez (born 1962) is an American freelance photographer and author of four photography how-to books, one social media book, and one self-help book, the latter with a favorable Kirkus Review. Gómez was selected as a Quora Top Writer in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
In 1994 the Dept. of Defense chose him as one of the Top Five military photographers worldwide, plus awarded him the Defense Meritorious Service Medal for documenting the Latin America drug war over 26-months during the Pablo Escobar era. Gomez captured photos on assignment during the fall of the Berlin Wall, the Olympics, Presidential Inauguration, Desert Storm, Uphold Democracy in Haiti, Northern Watch in Turkey and the 1994 Rwandan refugee crisis in Africa plus many more world events.
His work has appeared in PARADE, NEWSWEEK, Rangefinder, D-Pixx, Peterson's 4-Wheel Drive, Stars and Stripes, Army Times, Airman, Soldiers, Playboy, Netscape, Studio Photography & Design, PMA Daily, and Leica World News plus other publications.
Gómez served almost nine years, active-duty, as a military photographer in the US Army. He was a past head of multimedia production for Air Force News  and is a former member of the Lexar Media Elite Photographers.
Gómez earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication, Electronic Media, summa cum laude (4.0 GPA), from the University of Texas, San Antonio in 2001 and an associate degree in Business Administration from St. Philips College, San Antonio. Gomez is also a State of Texas Mediator in Conflict Resolution. He is listed by the University of Texas, San Antonio as a “notable graduate.”
- Rolando Gómez (2015). Taming The Trouser Snake: A Man's Guide to Relationships, Romance, Sex and More. Charleston, SC: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. p. 254. ISBN 1-51238-319-8.
- Rolando Gómez (2013). Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters. Pennsauken, NJ: Bookbaby. ISBN 1-62675-475-6.
- Rolando Gomez (2006). Garage Glamour : Digital Nude and Beauty Photography Made Simple. Amherst, NY: Amherst Media. ISBN 1-58428-183-9.
- Rolando Gómez (2007). Rolando Gomez's Glamour Photography: Professional Techniques and Images. Buffalo, NY: Amherst Media, Inc. ISBN 1-58428-210-X.
- Rolando Gómez (2008). Rolando Gomez's Posing Techniques for Glamour Photography. Buffalo, NY: Amherst Media, Inc. ISBN 1-58428-238-X.
- Rolando Gómez (2010). Rolando Gomez's Lighting for Glamour Photography: Techniques for Digital Photographers. Buffalo, NY: Amherst Media, Inc. ISBN 1-58428-999-6.
- Jack Watson, Rolando Gómez (foreword) (2009). BEYOND THE GLAMOUR PHOTOGRAPH: How to Get Started and Be Successful as a Boudoir, Glamour, and Swimsuit Photographer: With Companion DVD. FL: Atlantic Publishing Company. ISBN 1-60138-391-6.
- "Kirkus Review : Rolando Gómez". Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Quora Verified Profile : Rolando Gómez". Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Newsweek : MILITARY PHOTOGRAPHER'S MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS". Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Amazon Author Page : Rolando Gómez". Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- Perkins, Michelle. Professional Portrait Posing: Techniques and Images from Master Photographers. Amherst Media, 2007. ISBN 1-58428-211-8. Page 51
- "San Antonio Express News : S.A. servicemen visiting Hanoi say bomb craters are still there". Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Biography : Rolando Gómez". Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "Lexar | Pro Photographer Corner". Archived from the original on 2008-08-03. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Conference USA : UTSA Notable Alumni". Retrieved 2018-07-08.