Rolesville, North Carolina
Rolesville, North Carolina
Main Street Park
|Named for||William H. Roles|
|• Total||3.9 sq mi (10.2 km2)|
|• Land||3.9 sq mi (10.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||443 ft (135 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||960/sq mi (370/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0993655|
Rolesville is a town in northeastern Wake County, North Carolina, United States, a suburb of the capital city of Raleigh. It is the second oldest town in Wake County and has been one of the fastest growing towns in the state of North Carolina for the past several years. The population was 3,786 at the 2010 census.
Rolesville is located at .
The Town of Rolesville has an elected body composed of a Mayor and five Commissioners. The responsibility of the Town Board is to review, hear, consider, and approve/disapprove items of business affecting the town residents. The mission of the Board of Commissioners is to uphold the values and traditions that make Rolesville, the second oldest incorporated Town in Wake County, a very special place to live. It is the Board’s desire to make sure that Rolesville continues to be progressive in its attitude and outlook towards change, all the while maintaining its small town charm and friendly neighborhood communities.
Mayor: Frank Eagles
Commissioner: Ronnie Currin (Mayor Pro Tempore)
Commissioner: Michelle Medley
Commissioner: Sheilah Sutton
Commissioner: Paul Vilga
Commissioner: Jacky Wilson
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2015, there were 6,074 people, and 2,113 households, in the town. The population density was 962.4 people per square mile (214.8/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 74.1% White, 17.8% African American, 3% Asian, 0.4% Native American, 2.1% from 2 or more races and 4.0% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.2% of the population.
Of the 2,113 households, 35.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.3% were married couples living together, 7.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.9% were non-families. 20.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 2.94.
In the town, the population was spread out with 19.7% under the age of 18, 4.6% from 18 to 24, 70.6% over 18, and 8.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 110 males. 80% of Town residents have graduated high school and 50% have a bachelor's degree or higher.
The median income for a household in the town was $46,838, and the median income for a family was $73,156. Males had a median income of $52,731 versus $41,433 for females. The median house price is $248,000. The per capita income for the town was $31,409. About 7.9% of the population was below the poverty line.
Rolesville is the namesake of the Rolesville diorite Batholith, also known as the Rolesville Pluton. While the batholith extends into regions north and south of Wake County, the bedrock formation is particularly visible in the form of rocky outcrops within the town limits and the immediate vicinity.
Parks & Recreation
The Town of Rolesville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, staff, and developers continually work together to improve the park system for area residents. Rolesville currently has three parks, acres of open space, and miles of trails being planned and designed through approved development. The Department offers several youth and adult athletics leagues, recreation programming, summer camps, and special events throughout the year.
- Parks and Facilities
- Main Street Park (200 S Main Street)
- Rolesville Community School Park (121 Redford Place Drive)
- Mill Bridge Nature Park (425 Nature Park Drive)
- Rolesville Community Center (514 Southtown Circle).
- Athletics (youth and adult)
- Recreation Programming
- Special Events
- Rolesville Elementary School
- Rolesville Middle School
- Rolesville High School
- Sanford Creek Elementary School
- Thales Academy Junior High/High School - Rolesville
- Realtor.com: One of America's top 10 boom towns (#7) 
- SafeWise: Top 50 safest cities in North Carolina, 2015 (#23) 
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Rolesville, North Carolina; Town of Rolesville official website. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- Place Names in the United States (PDF). USGS. 1905.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Rolesville town, North Carolina". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 30, 2011.
- "The Town of Rolesville | Mayor & Commissioners". rolesvillenc.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "The Town of Rolesville | Contact Information". rolesvillenc.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- Bureau, U.S. Census. "American FactFinder - Results". factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "The Town of Rolesville | Parks & Recreation". rolesvillenc.gov. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "One of 'America's Top Boom Towns' is 30 minutes from Raleigh - Triangle Business Journal". Triangle Business Journal. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "The 50 Safest Cities in North Carolina- 2015 - SafeWise". SafeWise. 2015-06-08. Retrieved 2016-05-11.