Rolf's Cartoon Club
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Rolf's Cartoon Club|
|Genre||Animated television series|
|Country of origin||UK|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||151|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Original release||6 April 1989 – 28 October 1993|
The show had some similarities to Harris' earlier BBC programme, Rolf's Cartoon Time, in that it saw him introducing cartoons and drawing pictures of characters from them. The cartoons shown were mostly those of Warner Bros., but included animations from Raymond Briggs and John Lasseter. Harris also explored animation techniques and gave viewers tips for making their own cartoons at home.
Rolf's Cartoon Club was, as well as being a television programme, also an actual club that viewers could join. Members received a club badge featuring the "Rolfaroo" character, as well as regular newsletters featuring information on the television programme. Lasseter was club member number one.
For much of Cartoon Club, Harris was seated in the "Cartoon Cockpit", a studio with an easel and various art and animation equipment. Part of each programme, however, was given over to the workshop, where Harris would assist a group of club members in making their own animation.
In later series, celebrity guests appeared on the programme to discuss their favourite cartoons with Harris.
- Series 1: 21 x 25' - 6 April 1989 – 24 August 1989
- Christmas Special - 22 December 1989
- Series 2: 22 x 25' - 3 January 1990 – 30 May 1990
- Series 3: 24 x 25' - 5 September 1990 – 27 February 1991
- Series 4: 15 x 25' - 5 September 1991 – 18 December 1991
- Series 5: 14 x 25' - 10 September 1992 – 17 December 1992
- Series 6: 11 x 25' - 9 September 1993 – 28 October 1993
(Source : ITV Network)
- "BBC News - Rolf Harris: Profile". Bbc.co.uk. 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- Jess Denham (2014-07-01). "Rolf Harris guilty: Entertainer's Bafta Fellowship annulled after conviction - News - TV & Radio". The Independent. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- Norman, Neil. "Lust for fame that almost destroyed Rolf Harris's life | Express Yourself | Comment | Daily Express". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-03-04.