Rolf Wallin (born 7 September 1957 in Oslo) is a Norwegian composer, trumpeter and avant-garde performance artist.
Rolf Wallin has established a reputation as one of the leading Scandinavian composers of his generation.Oslo with Finn Mortensen and Olav Anton Thommessen and later at the University of California where his teachers included Roger Reynolds and Vinko Globokar. Wallin’s music combines an intuitive freedom with a rigorous mathematical approach, such as use of fractal algorithms to construct melody and harmony, resulting in a music that often hints at the influence of Ligeti, Xenakis and Berio.
He studied in
In 1998 he was awarded the Nordic Council Music Prize.
- …though what made it has gone (1987; mezzo-soprano, piano)
- Stonewave (1990; percussion)
- Boyl (1995; chamber ensemble)
- Concerto for Clarinet and Orchestra (1996)
- Ground (1996; cello, strings)
- Act (2004; orchestra)
- Strange News (2007; actor; orchestra; video-projection; electronics)