Roll On (Kid Rock song)
|Single by Kid Rock|
|from the album Rock n Roll Jesus|
|Released||September 23, 2008|
|Genre||Country rock, country blues|
|Writer(s)||Robert James Ritchie|
|Producer(s)||Kid Rock with Rob Cavallo|
|Kid Rock singles chronology|
"Roll On" is the fourth single from Kid Rock's triple-platinum album Rock n Roll Jesus. It was shipped to radio on September 23, 2008. The song failed to chart in the United States. In Germany it peaked at No. 59. The video of the song was very successful on the VH1 weekly Top 20 countdown, peaking at No. 4.
- Roll On
- Rock N Roll Pain Train
- Cocky ( UK Single)
The song deals with Kid Rock coming to terms with himself aging and talks of enjoying the time he has left with his family. It is an acoustic country ballad with gospel vocals provided by Jessica Wagner. The song incorporates jazz with a long saxophone solo by David McMurray.
The music video was shot for it in August 2008 in Detroit, including at the Motown Historical Museum. The video features landmarks such as Tiger Stadium, Comerica Park, Lafayette Coney Island and the Uniroyal Giant Tire near Interstate 94. Kid Rock said, with respect to the video, that he "really wanted to capture the heart and soul of Detroit."
|Germany (Official German Charts)||59|
- Graff, Gary (October 13, 2007). "Rock 'n' Roll Jesus". Billboard. 119 (41): 68.
- "Kid Rock Finds Religion on New CD". Ottawa Citizen. July 30, 2007. p. C2.
- Graham, Adam (August 29, 2008). "'I'm Rich. I Don't Care': A Free-Flowing Conversation with Kid Rock". The Detroit News. p. 10.
- Whitall, Susan (August 28, 2008). "Kid Rock Films Music Video at Motown". The Detroit News.[page needed]
- Graham, Adam (October 4, 2008). "Kid Rock Loves Detroit in Newest Video". The Detroit News. p. D4.
- "Kid Rock's Video for 'Roll On' to Showcase Detroit". Charleston Daily Mail. August 29, 2008. p. D3.
- "Musicline.de – Kid Rock Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH. Retrieved June 8, 2011.