Roll with It (Easton Corbin song)
|"Roll with It"|
|Single by Easton Corbin|
|from the album Easton Corbin|
|Released||April 26, 2010|
|Easton Corbin singles chronology|
"Roll with It" is a song written by David Lee, Tony Lane, and Johnny Park and recorded by American country music artist Easton Corbin. It was released in April 2010 as the second single from Corbin's self-titled debut album. The song became Corbin's second (consecutive) number one hit on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of October 30, 2010.
The narrator instructs his significant other to head to the beach, stating that if something unexpected happens, they will just "roll with it."
Juli Thanki of Engine 145 gave the song a "thumbs up", saying that Corbin's "laidback, boy-next-door delivery fits the song perfectly" and describes the song as "an involuntary toe-tapper with a catchy hook." Matt Bjorke of Roughstock also gave the song a favorable review and a rating of 4.5/5 stars, saying that fans of George Strait will likely like the song as he states that the track could have been on any of Strait's albums for the last twenty years. Bjorke also states that the song goes down "as smooth as a shot of top-shelf whiskey." Jonathan Keefe of Slant Magazine was less positive, referring to the song as having "an awkward lyrical hook that doesn't fit the song's meter."
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||55|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||88|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Thanki, Juli (2010-04-07). "Easton Corbin - "Roll with It"". Engine 145. Archived from the original on 2012-10-17. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Bjorke, Matt (2010-04-26). "Easton Corbin - "Roll with It"". Roughstock.com. Archived from the original on 2010-07-14. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- Keefe, Jonathan. "Easton Corbin review". Slant Magazine. Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- "Easton Corbin Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Easton Corbin Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Easton Corbin Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2010: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- "American single certifications – Easton Corbin – Roll with It". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved January 10, 2014. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.