Bonevacia playing for Wellington Phoenix in 2016
|Full name||Rolieny Bonevacia|
|Date of birth||18 October 1991|
|Place of birth||Lelystad, Netherlands|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|VV Reiger Boys|
|2011–2012||→ NAC Breda (loan)||17||(0)|
|2013||→ Roda JC (loan)||16||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 April 2016.
Rolieny "Roly" Bonevacia (born 18 October 1991) is a Curaçaoan professional football player who plays as an Attacking midfielder. He currently plays for Wellington Phoenix in the A-League and for the Curaçao national team.
Bonevacia was born in Lelystad and started playing football with VV Reiger Boys in Heerhugowaard, North Holland. Different professional clubs were interested in signing the youngster, including AZ and AFC Ajax, for whom he finally signed his first youth contract in the summer of 2001. Until 2010, Bonevacia played in the Ajax Academy, first as a central defender and later as a defensive midfielder. In July 2008, Bonevacia signed his first professional contract for Ajax, a three-year deal until 2011.
At the beginning of the 2010–11 season, Bonevacia was added to Ajax's senior squad by manager Martin Jol. He made his Eredivisie debut in the starting line-up on 14 August 2010 in a 4–2 victory over Vitesse Arnhem at the Amsterdam ArenA. His second appearance came on 22 September 2010 in the KNVB Cup where he started and played the full 90 minutes in the 5–0 win against MVV Maastricht at home.
In the summer of 2011, Bonevacia was sent on loan to NAC Breda until the end of the season. He played 17 matches in the Eredivisie. At the end of the 2011–12 season, he returned to Ajax, where he attempted to earn a regular place in the first team.
Roda JC Kerkrade
After only making two regular season appearances for Ajax under then coach Martin Jol and making no further appearances during the 2012–13 season, except in pre-season in friendly encounters, Bonevacia was sent on loan to Roda JC Kerkrade until the end of the 2012–13 season. Following his loan spell, Roly Bonevacia signed a two-year contract with Roda JC, binding him to the club from Limburg until the summer of 2015.
On 25 July 2014 Bonevacia signed for New Zealand club Wellington Phoenix in the A-League on a 2-year deal. He re-signed with the Wellington Phoenix until 2016–17 claiming he wouldn't consider leaving until he has won the A-league.
Netherlands youth teams
Since 2009, Bonevacia has represented the Netherlands U-19 team in the qualification rounds for the 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship. He made his debut for the team in a match against Cyprus, and also played in qualification matches against the Czech Republic and Malta.
In April 2015, Bonevacia expressed a desire to potentially represent Curaçao, the country of his parents' birth. In June 2015, Bonevacia was named to the national squad for a friendly against Trinidad and Tobago and 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Cuba. However, Bonevacia did not appear in any of the three matches, only joined for an unofficial friendly against Suriname in Almere..
|Roda JC total||39||1||3||0||4||0||46||1|
- "Roly Bonevacia Profile". UEFA.com. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Oud Reiger Boys speler bij Ajax 1" (in Dutch). VV Reiger Boys. 26 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Roly Bonevacia Profile" (in Dutch). Ajaxinside.nl. 24 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Roly Bonevacia Video profile" (in Dutch). Ajax. 6 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Ajax sign youth players". Ajax. 1 February 2008. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Ajax vs. Vitesse". Soccerway. 14 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Bonevacia kiest definitief voor NAC Breda". www.voetbalprimeur.nl. Voetbalprimeur. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Ajacied Bonevacia op huurbasis naar Roda JC". www.voetbalprimeur.nl. Voetbalprimeur. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Phoenix Sign Ajax Academy Graduate". Football Federation Australia. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Netherlands U19 vs. Malta U19". Soccerway. 12 November 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Netherlands U19 vs. Cyprus U19". Soccerway. 14 November 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Czech Republic U19 vs. Netherlands U19". Soccerway. 17 November 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Curacao Football: Bonevacia says national appearance great opportunity". sportsmax.tv. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Evertsz, E. "Selekshon tentativo di Kòrsou pa partido kontra Cuba". deporteawe.com. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Curaçao 1 – 0 Trinidad and Tobago". Caribbean Football Database. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Cuba 1 – 1 Curaçao". Caribbean Football Database. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Curaçao 0 – 0 Cuba". Caribbean Football Database. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Roly Bonevacia - Career Honours". Soccerway.