Golobart being presented at FC Köln
|Full name||Román Golobart Benet|
|Date of birth||21 March 1992|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2011–2012||→ Inverness CT (loan)||22||(2)|
|2012||→ Tranmere Rovers (loan)||1||(0)|
|2013–2015||1. FC Köln||5||(0)|
|2013–2015||1. FC Köln II||28||(2)|
|2015||→ Erzgebirge Aue (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 January 2017.
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, 17-year-old Golobart signed for Wigan Athletic from RCD Espanyol on 7 August 2009 as new manager Roberto Martínez identified him as a future talent. Despite appearances in pre-season friendlies and on the substitutes bench, he failed to play a competitive match in his first two seasons at the club, and in August 2011 was loaned to Scottish Premier League side Inverness Caledonian Thistle for six months. He made his debut the following day at Pittodrie against Aberdeen, but was unaccustomed to the pace of Scottish football and made two significant errors during the 1–2 away loss.
Golobart scored his first goal for Inverness on 24 December 2011, also against Aberdeen but now in a 2–1 home win. After the game he expressed his desire to extend his loan spell, making his last appearance for the club in a 2–0 success over Hibernian.
On 31 August 2012, Golobart joined Tranmere Rovers on a one-month loan deal. He made his debut a day later in a 4–0 win against Colchester United, but failed to play again for his new team following Ash Taylor's early return from injury.
Golobart played his first match for Wigan on 5 January 2013, in the third round of the FA Cup against Bournemouth. He made his Premier League debut for the Latics that same month, starting at Stoke City in a 2–2 draw.
1. FC Köln
At the end of the 2012–13 season, Golobart turned down a new deal with Wigan and signed a three-year contract with 1. FC Köln. He made his debut in the 2. Bundesliga on 20 July 2013, playing the full 90 minutes in a 1–1 away draw against Dynamo Dresden.
Return to Spain
On 21 August 2015, Golobart returned to his homeland, signing a one-year deal with the option of a second at third tier club Racing de Ferrol, contributing two goals from 36 appearances as they reached the play-offs. The following 23 July, he transferred to fellow league team Real Murcia.
Golobart's father, Joan, was also a footballer. He also represented Espanyol, but at senior level.
- As of 8 December 2013
|1. FC Köln||2013–14||3||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||4||0|
- Wigan Athletic
- "Latics raid Spain for duo". Sky Sports. 7 August 2009. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Roman's road heads North". Wigan Athletic. 19 August 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Aberdeen 2–1 Inverness CT". BBC Sport. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "It's not Barcelona, but Golobart is adapting to Scottish football". Scotsman. 26 December 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Inverness CT 2–1 Aberdeen". BBC Sport. 24 December 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Tranmere Rovers sign Wigan Athletic's Roman Golobart on loan". BBC Sport. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "Golobart returns to Latics". Sky Sports. 4 October 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "Wigan 1–1 Bournemouth". BBC Sport. 5 January 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Stoke 2–2 Wigan". BBC Sport. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- "Golobart verstärkt das Abwehrzentrum" [Golobart strengthens center of defense] (in German). kicker. 14 June 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Köln-Keeper sorgt für Lachnummer" [Köln's keeper made himself a laughing stock] (in German). Bild. 20 July 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "FC Erzgebirge künftig mit Golobart und Wood" [FC Erzgebirge now with Golobart and Wood] (in German). Erzgebirge Aue. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "El Racing de Ferrol llega a un acuerdo con el central Román Golobart" [Racing de Ferrol reach an agreement with stopper Román Golobart] (in Spanish). La Voz de Galicia. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Román Golobart, un nuevo refuerzo para la defensa grana" [Román Golobart, a new reinforcement for the grana defence] (in Spanish). La Opinión de Murcia. 23 July 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Roman Golobart". UEFA.com. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Amat-Golobart, pareja de centrales" [Amat-Golobart, stopper duo] (in Spanish). Marcadorint. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "Román Golobart". Soccerway. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Román Golobart.|