16 July 1976 |
|Residence||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Former partner||Marianne Haguenauer|
|Former coach||Muriel Boucher-Zazoui|
Romain Haguenauer (born 16 July 1976) is a French ice dancing coach, choreographer, and former competitor. He is best known for his work with two-time World champions Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron.
Haguenauer was born on 16 July 1976 in Lyon, France. His mother, an elementary school teacher, and father, a lawyer, raised him in Ainay. After graduating in 1998 from Claude Bernard University Lyon 1 with a master's degree in science, sport and physical education (Capes d'éducation physique et sportive), he taught for a year at a secondary school, collège Jean Monnet.
Haguenauer was coached from the age of five by Muriel Boucher-Zazoui and competed with his sister, Marianne Haguenauer, for ten years. They placed eighth at the 1995 World Junior Championships in November 1994 in Budapest and won gold at the 1995 Ondrej Nepela Memorial. Due to his sister's health issues, he retired from competition at age 20 but had no regrets, having a strong interest in coaching.
(with Marianne Haguenauer)
|Trophée de France||8th|
|Ondrej Nepela Memorial||1st|
|World Junior Champ.||8th|
Haguenauer worked as a part-time skating coach before becoming a certified coach in 1999. He has also served as a technical executive for the Pôle de Lyon. He has co-authored a children's book about skating, Le p'tit ABC du patinage, with Alexandre Navarro.
Haguenauer was formerly based in Lyon, France, working as a coach and choreographer in collaboration with Zazoui. In July 2014, he moved to Montreal, Quebec, Canada and began coaching alongside Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon.
His current students include:
- Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
- Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir 
- Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sørensen
- Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue
- Marie-Jade Lauriault / Romain Le Gac
- Olivia Smart / Adrià Díaz
- Celia Robledo / Luis Fenero
- Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus
- Lee Ho-jung / Richard Kang-in Kam
- Majorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha 
- Sasha Fear / Elliot Verburg 
- Rikako Fukase / Aru Tateno 
- Lilah Fear / Lewis Gibson 
His former students include:
- Isabelle Delobel / Olivier Schoenfelder
- Nathalie Péchalat / Fabian Bourzat
- Pernelle Carron / Matthieu Jost
- Pernelle Carron / Lloyd Jones
- Marie-France Dubreuil / Patrice Lauzon
- Tiffany Zahorski / Alexis Miart
- Louise Walden / Owen Edwards
- Sara Hurtado / Adrià Díaz
- Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam
- Élisabeth Paradis / François-Xavier Ouellette
- "PATINAGE : "Ils n'auraient certainement pas gagné s'ils étaient restés à Lyon"" [Skating: "They certainly wouldn't have won if they had remained in Lyon"] (in French). Mag 2 Lyon. 11 May 2015. Archived from the original on 8 April 2016.
- Cowling, James (2011-09-22). "Romain Haguenauer: A Passion for Skating". IFS Magazine. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Royan, Kate (2012-03-09). "Figure Skating Interview : Romain Haguenauer". Annecy Infosports. Alpes Infos Sports. "Interview patinage : Romain Haguenauer" (in French). 2012-03-07.
- Royan, Kate (2012-03-07). "Interview patinage : Romain Haguenauer". Annecy Infosports (in French). Archived from the original on 10 March 2012.
- Luchianov, Vladislav (2012-06-07). "Creating programs: Haguenauer seeks 'balance'". Icenetwork.
- Pratka, Ruby (28 July 2014). "Romain Haguenauer: A New Era". IFS Magazine.
- Papadakis / Cizeron
- "Virtue / Moir".
- Beaudry / Sørensen
- Hubbell / Donohue
- Lauriault / Le Gac
- "Great Britain's Olivia Smart has teamed up with Spanish ice dancer Adrià Díaz". Facebook. Facebook. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Robledo / Fenero
- Soucisse / Firus
- Ho-jung / Kam
- Lajoie / Lagha
- Fear / Verburg
- Fukase / Tateno
- Fear / Gibson
- Isabelle Delobel / Olivier Schoenfelder at the International Skating Union
- Nathalie Péchalat / Fabian Bourzat at the International Skating Union
- Pernelle Carron / Matthieu Jost at the International Skating Union
- "Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART: 2011/2012". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 28 April 2012.
- Louise Walden / Owen Edwards at the International Skating Union
- Hurtado / Díaz
- Paul / Islam
- Paradis / Ouellette
- Peret, Paul (2011-02-02). "Préaubert Takes a Classical Approach". IFS Magazine. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Romain Haguenauer.|