Romain Poirot-Lellig (born in 1978) is a French investment consultant, policy advisor and author specialized in international affairs, public affairs and business development. He also teaches international relations at Sciences Po Paris.
From early 2008 to end of 2010, Romain Poirot-Lellig worked in Kabul, Afghanistan mostly as political advisor to two successive European Union Special Representatives. He worked briefly at the French Prime minister's Secretariat général de la défense nationale from 2007 to 2008 as NATO Desk Officer.
From 2005 to 2008, he was adviser for public policy to the President of Ubisoft Entertainment S.A. As such, he was instrumental, from the private sector side, in negotiating a digital production tax credit voted by French Parliament and approved by the European Commission.
From 2001, he working as a consultant providing financial advisory such as fundraising, business development and finance services to infrastructure, high-tech and media companies in Asia and Europe.
Prior to that, Romain Poirot-Lellig was a journalist for leading French newspapers, including La Tribune and Paris Match from 1996 to 2000.
He received a master's degree in International Affairs and international security from the Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris and a master's degree in Corporate Management from the Université Paris IX Dauphine.
He has been a co-founder and Executive Director of Association des Producteurs d’Oeuvres Multimédia (APOM, now SNJV), an interactive media trade group, from 2001 to 2005, as well as a Founder and Board Member of the EGDF, its European equivalent, from 2003 to 2005.
With former French ambassador in Afghanistan Jean d'Amécourt, he co-authored "Diplomate en guerre à Kaboul", a first-hand behind-the-scenes account of the pivotal years of the international coalition in Afghanistan published by Robert Laffont. The book was awarded the "Prix de la Légion d'Honneur" for 2013.
- Sciences Po Paris (1 May 2013). "Faculty profile - Romain Poirot-Lellig". Sciences Po Paris. Retrieved 2013-05-22.
- Poirot-Lellig, Romain (1 September 2010). "Afghanistan : retour sur les enjeux d'une guerre". rue89.com. Retrieved 2010-09-06.
- Androvich, Mark (17 December 2007). "Industry Negotiator Clarifies Tax Credit". GamesIndustry.Biz. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Nachury, Ludovic (12 February 2003). "Matignon veut donner un coup de pouce aux créateurs de jeux vidéo". 01Net. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Fievet, Cyril (12 December 2004). "Les jeux video entre euphorie et incertitude". Internet Actu. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Villette, Antoine (13 September 2005). "APOM 2001-2005: Chronologie d'une action". AFJV. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Romain Poirot-Lellig - Site perso
- Afghanistan : Retour sur les enjeux d'une guerre Op-Ed on the political end-game in Afghanistan - Rue89 - 09/01/2010
- Sarkozy recalé à l'examen d'aptitude en politique étrangère - Op-Ed on French foreign policy - Rue89 - 03/02/2011
- En Crimée, nous payons le prix de nos erreurs - Op-Ed on Crimea Crisis - Rue89 - 21/03/2014
- Romain Poirot-Lellig on IMDb
- Romain Poirot-Lellig at MobyGames
- Romain Poirot-Lellig’s biography at Transmediale 05
- Romain Poirot-Lellig’s biography at IDATE 27th International Conference
- Diplomate en guerre à Kaboul on amazon.fr
|This French business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|