3 September 1983 |
|Height||1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lb)|
|Coached by||Azis Amoyan|
Roman Amoyan (Armenian: Ռոման Ամոյան, born 3 September 1983) is an Armenian Greco-Roman wrestler of Yazidi descent. He is an Olympic bronze medalist, three-time World Championships medalist, and two-time European Champion. Amoyan received the Honored Master of Sports of Armenia title in 2009.
He won a bronze medal in 2009 and a silver medal in 2010 at the World Wrestling Championships. Amoyan also won a gold medal in 2006 and three silver medals in 2003, 2005, and 2008 at the European Wrestling Championships.
In 2011, Amoyan was voted the Armenian Athlete of the Year. He had suffered a severe head injury early in the European Championships that year, but still bravely fought on, with a bloody wrapping on his head the whole time. Amoyan went on become a two-time European Champion despite the injury.
Amoyan is married. His wife is a doctor. They have a daughter.
- ПОДВЕДЕНЫ ИТОГИ ГОДА (in Russian). www.ra.am. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- НОК и Минспорта Армении наградили лучших спортсменов 2009 года (in Russian). newsarmenia.ru. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "ARMENIANS in OLYMPICS 2008 (Fall 2008)". thearmenianchronicles.blogspot.com. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "2010 FILA World Cup Results" (PDF). www.fila-official.com. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "World Cup, Greco-Roman Seniors, 2010-02-13 Yerevan (ARM)". www.fila-official.com. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "Greco-Roman Wrestler Roman Amoyan Voted Armenia’s Athlete of the Year". massispost.com. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- Հայաստանի լավագույն մարզիկը չի մասնակցի օլիմպիական խաղերին (in Armenian). www.slaq.am. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- Ռոման Ամոյան. Ըմբշամարտը, ծանրամարտը, ձյուդոն, բռնցքամարտը վայել չեն հայ կնոջը (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 14 March 2013.