Latin Catholic Archdiocese of Beijing
Archdiocese of Beijing
|Area||30,000 km2 (12,000 sq mi)|
Statistics Missing 
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Beijing|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Joseph Li Shan|
|Website of the Archdiocese|
|Latin Catholic Archdiocese of Beijing|
Its cathedral is the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (South Church) located in the city of Beijing, which replaces the former cathedral, now the Holy Saviour Church (North Church), also in former Peking.
- Established in 1307 as Archdiocese of Khanbalik under John of Montecorvino by Pope Clement V. See Roman Catholicism in China#Yuan .281271.E2.80.931368.29 Dynasty.
- Lost territory twice: in 1313 to establish the Roman Catholic Diocese of Citong 刺桐 and in 1320 to establish the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ili-baluc.
- 1375: Suppressed
- Restored on April 10, 1690 as Diocese of Beijing, on territory split off from the Apostolic Vicariate of Nanjing
- Lost territory repeatedly: on 1831.09.09 to establish the Apostolic Vicariate of Korea, in 1838 to establish the Apostolic Vicariate of Liaotung 遼東, on 1839.09.03 to establish the Apostolic Vicariate of Shantung 山東 and on 1856.04.02 to establish the Apostolic Vicariate of Southwestern Chi-Li 直隸西南
- May 30, 1856: Demoted to an exempt missionary pre-diocesan jurisdiction as Apostolic Vicariate of Northern Chi-Li
- Lost territory repeatedly again: on 1899.12.23 to establish the Apostolic Vicariate of Eastern Chi-Li 直隸東境, on 1910.02.14 to establish the Apostolic Vicariate of Central Chi-Li 直隸中境 and on 1912.04.27 to establish the Apostolic Vicariate of Coastal Chi-Li 直隸海濱
- December 3, 1924: Renamed as Apostolic Vicariate of Beijing
- Lost territory on 1926.05.10: to establish the Apostolic Vicariate of Xuanhuafu 宣化府 and 1929.05.25 to establish the Mission sui juris of Yixian 易縣
- April 11, 1946: Promoted as Metropolitan Archdiocese of Beijing.
(all Latin Church) BIOS TO BE ELABORATED
- Metropolitan Archbishops of Beijing 北京
- Apostolic Vicars of Beijing 北京
- Apostolic Vicars of Northern Chi-Li 直隸北境
- Bishop Stanislas Jarlin, C.M. (林懋德) (April 5, 1905 – December 3, 1924)
- Bishop Pierre-Marie-Alphonse Favier, C.M. (樊國樑) (April 13, 1899 – April 4, 1905)
- Bishop Jean-Baptiste-Hippolyte Sarthou, C.M. (郁世良 / 都士良) (June 6, 1890 – April 13, 1899)
- Bishop François-Ferdinand Tagliabue, C.M. (戴世濟 / 戴濟世) (August 5, 1884 – March 13, 1890)
- Bishop Louis-Gabriel Delaplace, C.M. (田嘉璧 / 田類斯) (January 21, 1870 – May 24, 1884)
- Bishop Edmond-François Guierry, C.M. (蘇鳳文 / 蘇發旺) (December 4, 1868 – January 21, 1870)
- Bishop Joseph-Martial Mouly, C.M. (孟振生) (May 30, 1856 – December 4, 1868)
- Suffragan Bishops of Beijing 北京 (Latin Church)
- Bishop Jean-Damascène Sallusti (1778-1781)
- Bishop Joseph-Martial Mouly, C.M. (孟振生) (January 3, 1856 – May 30, 1856)
- Bishop Joseph-Martial Mouly, C.M. (孟振生) (Apostolic Administrator April 28, 1846 – January 3, 1856)
- Bishop Cayetano Pires Pireira, C.M. (畢學源) (Apostolic Administrator August 1827 – November 2, 1838)
- Bishop Joaquim da Souza Saraiva, C.M. (July 6, 1808 – February 18, 1818)
- Archbishops of Khanbalik 汗八里
- Archbishop Guglielmo da Villanova, O.F.M. (1370? – ?)
- Archbishop Nicolas da Botras, O.S.F. (尼古拉) (1333 – 1338)
- Patriarch Giovanni da Montecorvino, O.F.M. (若望‧孟高维诺) (July 23, 1307 – 1328)
- Archbishop Ulrico da Seyfridsdorf, O.F.M. (later Bishop) (1307? – 1308)
- Archbishop Nicolò da Banzia, O.F.M. (later Bishop) (1307? – 1308)
- Archbishop Andreuccio da Assisi, O.F.M. (later Bishop) (1307? – 1308)
- Anguo 安國
- Baoding 保定
- Chengde 承德
- Daming 大名
- Jingxian 景縣
- Shunde 順得
- Tianjin 天津
- Xianxian 獻縣
- Xuanhua 宣化
- Yongnian 永年
- Yongping 永平
- Zhaoxian 趙縣
- Zhengding 正定
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Beijing
- Christianity in China
- Catholicism in China
- List of Roman Catholic dioceses in China
- List of Roman Catholic dioceses (structured_view)-Episcopal Conference of China
- Michael Fu Tieshan
- www.catholic-hierarchy.org | Statistics - Archdiocese of Beijing
- Arnold Horrex Rowbotham (January 1966). Missionary and mandarin: the Jesuits at the court of China. Russell & Russell. p. 190. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Michael Sullivan (1989). The meeting of Eastern and Western art. University of California Press. p. 74. ISBN 978-0-520-05902-3. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- L. Swerts; Mon Van Genechten; K. De Ridder (1 January 2002). Mon Van Genechten (1903-1974): Flemish Missionary and Chinese Painter : Inculturation of Chinese Christian Art. Leuven University Press. p. 18. ISBN 978-90-5867-222-3. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Hong Kong Museum of Art (1997). 從北京到凡爾賽: 中法美術交流. 香港市政局. p. 233. ISBN 978-962-215-151-2. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- Kember, Pamela. "An Tai or An Deyi, An T'ai, Ngan T'ai, An Ruowang, Ngan Jouo-Wang; real name: Giovanni Damasceno Sallust; other names: Salusti or Salutti, Giovanni Damasceno; Jean, Damascène". Benezit Dictionary of Asian Artists. Oxford University Press. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Beijing.|