Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Keewatin–Le Pas
|Archdiocese of Keewatin–Le Pas|
|Ecclesiastical province||Keewatin–Le Pas|
|(as of 2006)
|Cathedral||Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Cathedral|
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Keewatin–Le Pas (Latin: Archidioecesis Kivotinus–Passitanus) is a Roman Catholic archdiocese that includes parts of the Provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Ontario and has the suffragan dioceses of Churchill-Baie d'Hudson and Moosonee. The current archbishop is Murray Chatlain.
Prior to 2007, it included as a suffragan diocese the now-dissolved Roman Catholic Diocese of Labrador City-Schefferville.
As of 2006, the archdiocese contains 49 parishes, 3 active diocesan priests, 10 religious priests, and 42,000 Catholics. It has 8 women religious, and 11 male religious.
The following is a list of the bishops and archbishops of Keewatin-Le Pas and their terms of service:
- Ovide Charlebois (1910–1933)
- Martin Giuseppe Onorio LeJeunesse (1933–1954)
- Paul Dumouchel (1955–1986)
- Peter Alfred Sutton (1986–2006)
- Sylvain Lavoie (2006–2012)
- Murray Chatlain (2012–present)
- Archdiocese of Keewatin–Le Pas page at catholichierarchy.org retrieved June 11, 2013
- John Barker (December 8, 2012). "Pope Benedict XVI names Most Rev. Murray Chatlain as archbishop-elect of Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Keewatin-Le Pas". Thompson Citizen. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
|This article about a Roman Catholic diocese in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Manitoba-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|