Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tlalnepantla
|Archdiocese of Tlalnepantla
Arquidiócesis de Tlalnepantla
Corpus Christi Cathedral
|Area||263 sq mi (680 km2)|
|(as of 2010)
|Established||13 January 1964 (52 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Catedral de Corpus Christi|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Carlos Aguiar Retes|
|Auxiliary Bishops||Efraín Mendoza Cruz
Francisco Ramírez Navarro
|Emeritus Bishops||Ricardo Guízar Díaz|
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tlalnepantla (Latin: Archidioecesis Tlanepantlanus) is a Metropolitan Archdiocese in Mexico. Based in Tlalnepantla, México state, its suffragan dioceses include Cuautitlán, Ecatepec, Izcalli, Netzahualcóyotl, Teotihuacan, Texcoco, and Valle de Chalco.
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012, Pope Benedict XVI named Archbishop Aguiar Retes to serve as one of the papally-appointed Synod Fathers for the upcoming October 2012 13th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops on the New Evangelization.
- Felipe de Jesús Cueto González, O.F.M. (1964–1979)
- Adolfo Antonio Suárez Rivera (1980–1983)
- Manuel Pérez-Gil y González (1984–1996)
- Ricardo Guízar Díaz (1996–2009)
- Carlos Aguiar Retes (2009–present)
- "Archdiocese of Tlalnepantla". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2007-02-02.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Mexico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|