Roman Catholic Diocese of Andong
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Diocese of Andong
|Territory||Northern part of North Gyeongsang|
|Area||10,781 km2 (4,163 sq mi)|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2017)|
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||29 May 1969 (52 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Andong|
|Bishop||John Chrisostom Kwon Hyeok-ju|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Thaddeus Cho Hwan-gil|
|Bishops emeritus||René Dupont|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Andong (Latin: Dioecesis Andongensis) is a diocese of the Latin Rite of the Catholic Church located in Andong, South Korea. The diocese is suffragan to the Archdiocese of Daegu.
- René Marie Albert Dupont (1969–1990)
- Ignatius Pak Sok-hi (1990–2000)
- John Chrisostom Kwon Hyeok-ju (2001–present)
- "Diocese of Andong". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- "Diocese of Andong". Giga Catholic. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- "Bishop René Marie Albert Dupont [Catholic-Hierarchy]". www.catholic-hierarchy.org. Retrieved 2021-05-29.