Roman Catholic Diocese of Bangued
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Diocese of Bangued
Diyosesis ti Bangued
|Ecclesiastical province||Nueva Segovia|
|Metropolitan||Archdiocese of Nueva Segovia|
|Area||3,975 km2 (1,535 sq mi)|
|(as of 2012)
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||12 June 1955|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of St James the Greater in Bangued, Abra|
|Patron saint||St. James the Great|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Marlo Mendoza Peralta|
|Vicar General||Pablo Nilo Peig|
The current bishop is Leopoldo Corpuz Jaucian, appointed in 2006.
- June 12, 1955: Established as Territorial Prelature of Bangued from the Archdiocese of Nueva Segovia.
- November 15, 1982: Promoted as Diocese of Bangued, and became suffragan to the Archdiocese of Nueva Segovia.
- Diocesan Bishops (until November 15, 1982 – Prelates, Roman rite)
- Bishop Odilo Etspueler, S.V.D. (August 20, 1956 – November 20, 1987), until February 18, 1978 as titular bishop of Fata
- Bishop Cesar C. Raval, S.V.D. (November 25, 1988 – January 18, 1992)
- Bishop Artemio Lomboy Rillera, S.V.D. (June 28, 1993 – April 1, 2005)
- Bishop Leopoldo Jaucian, S.V.D. (January 5, 2007 – )