Roman Catholic Diocese of Campo Maior
|Diocese of Campo Maior|
Dioecesis Campi Maioris
Cathedral of St. Anthony
|Area||27,943 km2 (10,789 sq mi)|
(as of 2006)|
|Established||12 June 1975 (43 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Catedral Santo Antônio|
|Bishop||Francisco de Assis Gabriel dos Santos|
- Established 12 June 1975 as Diocese of Campo Maior on territories split off from the Diocese of Parnaíba and its Metropolitan Archdiocese of Teresina
As per 2014, it pastorally served 354,000 Catholics (94.9% of 373,000 total) on 27,943 km² in 31 parishes and 419 missions with 35 priests (34 diocesan, 1 religious), 1 deacon, 23 lay religious (1 brother, 22 sisters) and 10 seminarians.
(all Roman rite)
- Suffragan Bishops of Campo Maior
- Abel Alonso Núñez, Mercederians (O. de M.) (1976.03.24 – retired 2000.02.02), previously Auxiliary Bishop of the then Territorial Prelature of Bom Jesus do Piauí (Brazil) (1971.07.14 – 1976.03.24) & Titular Bishop of Nicives (1971.07.14 – 1976.03.24)
- Eduardo Zielski (2000.02.02 – 2016.03.02)
- Bishop-elect Francisco de Assis Gabriel dos Santos, Redemptorists (C.SS.R.) (2017.06.21 – ...), no previous prelature.
So far, the diocese has had no auxiliary bishop.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|