Roman Catholic Diocese of Cartago in Costa Rica
|Diocese of Cartago in Costa Rica|
Dioecesis Carthaginensis in Costa Rica
Catedral de Nuestra Señora de El Carmen
|Ecclesiastical province||Province of San José de Costa Rica|
|Metropolitan||José Rafael Quirós|
|Area||3,105 km2 (1,199 sq mi)|
|(as of 2005)|
|Established||24 May 2005 (13 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of Our Lady of Carmel|
|Bishop||Mario Enrique Quirós Quirós|
- Basílica de la Inmaculada Concepción, dedicated to the Immaculate Conception, in Tejar, Cartago
- Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Los Ángeles, dedicated to Our Lady of Angels, in Cartago.
Erected on 24 May 2005 as Diocese of Cartago (in Costa Rica) / Carthaginen(sis) in Costa Rica (Latin), on territories split off from the Metropolitan Archdiocese of San José (whose suffragan it became) and the Diocese of Limón.
As per 2014, it pastorally served 442,000 Catholics (90.0% of 491,000 total) on 1,252 km² in 39 parishes and 4 missions with 108 priests (75 diocesan, 33 religious), 154 lay religious (80 brothers, 74 sisters) and 36 seminarians.
- Suffragan Bishops of Cartago (in Costa Rica)
- José Francisco Ulloa Rojas (24 May 2005 – retired 4 March 2017); previously Bishop of Limón (Costa Rica) (1994.12.30 – 2005.05.24), President of Episcopal Conference of Costa Rica (2002 – 2008.09), President of Episcopal Secretariat of Central America and Panama (2005.03 – 2011)
- Bishop-elect Mario Enrique Quirós Quirós (4 March 2017 – ...).
- Catholic Church in Costa Rica
- List of Catholic dioceses in Costa Rica
- namesake Roman Catholic Diocese of Cartago in Colombia
- GCatholic - data for all sections
- "Diocese of Cartago". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2007-02-13. [self-published]
|This article about a Catholic diocese is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|