Roman Catholic Diocese of Ciego de Ávila
(Redirected from Roman Catholic Diocese of Ciego de Avila)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Diocese of Ciego de Avila
Dioecesis Caeci Abulensis
|Ecclesiastical province||Province of Camagüey|
|Metropolitan||Ciego de Avila|
|Area||7,887 km2 (3,045 sq mi)|
|(as of 2006)|
|Established||10 December 1912 (106 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Catedral de San Eugenio de la Palma|
|Bishops emeritus||Mario Eusebio Mestril Vega|
- Established on 1996.02.02 as Diocese of Ciego de Ávila / Cæci Abulen(sis) (Latin), on Cuban territory split off from the then Diocese of Camagüey, now its Metropolitan.
As per 2015, it served 190,343 Catholics (40.9% of 465,628 total) on 7,887 km² in 5 parishes and 36 missions with 8 priests (6 diocesan, 2 religious), 2 deacons, 18 lay religious (2 brothers, 16 sisters) and 1 seminarian .
(all Roman Rite)
- Suffragan Bishops of Ciego de Ávila
- Mario Eusebio Mestril Vega (2 February 1996 - retired 2017.07.08), previously Titular Bishop of Cediæ (16 November 1991 – 2 February 1996) as Auxiliary Bishop of Camagüey (Cuba)
- Bishop-elect Juan Gabriel Diaz Ruiz (8 July 2017 – ...), no previous prelature.
- GCatholic, with Google satellite photo - data for all sections
- "Diocese of Ciego de Avila". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
|This article about a Catholic diocese is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|