Roman Catholic Diocese of Daet
|Diocese of Daet
Diyosesis ng Daet
|Area||2,200 km2 (850 sq mi)|
|(as of 2006)
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||May 27, 1974 (canonically erected on September 1, 1974)|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity|
|Patron saint||St Joseph the Worker|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Rolando Joven Tria Tirona, O.C.D., D.D.|
|Emeritus Bishops||Benjamin J. Almoneda Bishop Emeritus (1991-2007)|
|Website of the Diocese|
The Diocese of Daet, with jurisdiction over the Province of Camarines Norte and suffragan to the Archdiocese of Caceres, was created on May 27, 1974 by Pope Paul VI. Most Rev. Celestino R. Enverga, D.D. as the first bishop of the Diocese. The most recent and 3rd Bishop of Daet was Most Rev. Gilbert A. Garcera, D.D., who left to become Archbishop of Lipa on February 2, 2017.
On September 1, 2004, the Diocese of Daet was formally established along with the installation of its first bishop, Most Rev. Celestino Rojo Enverga, a native of Jose Panganiban, Camarines Norte. The Diocese of Daet was entrusted to the care of St. Joseph the Worker.
Through the Apostolic Constitution “Requirit Maximopere,” Pope Paul VI separated Daet from the Archdiocese of Caceres, thereby creating Daet as a new Diocese which became a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Caceres.
Since the Augustinian missionaries Frays Diego de Espinar and Francisco Merino had established Christian communities in Paracale in 1571, it took 393 years for Camarines Norte, the land of gold and pineapple, to be erected as a diocese.
Ordained in 1706, Don Gregorio Cabalquinto from the town of Paracale was the first Bicolano priest.
The history of the diocese could be divided into three periods. The first period spans from 1974-1984.
According to Bishop Celestino Enverga, two years after the canonical erection in 1974, there was a diocesan house complex, a charity clinic, and a haven for homeless people discharged from hospitals. After four years the Most Holy Trinity Cathedral was set up. There was a public library; a diocesan museum, a printing press, and statues,
The first decade of the diocese had given birth to three parishes: the Parish of St. Roche, Batobalani in May 31, 1976; the Parish of San Lorenzo Ruiz in July 2, 1983; and the Parish of St. Nicholas of Tolentino, Colasi in July 23, 1983.
The first decade was characterized by construction of structures: the first phase of the Diocesan House was completed in 1977 and the Holy Trinity Cathedral was ready for its dedication by September 1, 1984.
The second period runs from 1985-1994, starting with the foundation by Bishop Enverga of the Religious Order of Kolbean Sisters.
On October 16, 1990, the Diocese of Daet became a vacant see (sede vacante) because of death of Bishop Enverga. Bishop Almoneda, then the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Daet, became the Diocesan Administrator, and on July 6, 1991 he became the second Bishop of the Diocese of Daet.
Bishop Celestino Enverga died in 1990 and Bishop Benjamin J. Almoneda was appointed as the second bishop of Daet in 1991
The nine barangays from the Diocese of Gumaca were annexed to the Parish of Sta. Elena; the Parish of the Most Holy Trinity was established in 1991, the Vision-Mission Statement of the diocese was formulated in 1991; the Holy Trinity Preparatory Seminary, the first seminary in the diocese, was opened in 1992, the first Diocesan Pastoral Assembly was held in 1992; the Bishop Enverga and the Carillon Halls were inaugurated in 1993; and the Second General Pastoral Assembly was convened in 1994.
Bishop Almoneda prioritized catechesis among his pastoral program. Three years after he took office, the Mater Vitae Catechetical Center was inaugurated in 1994.
In the second decade of the diocese the focus shifted from structures to evangelization, reaching its apex in the First Diocesan Synod of Daet.
In the decade from 1995 to 2004 the First Diocesan Synod of Daet was held.
New parishes were set up: the Parishes of St. James the Great of Calabaca, Capalonga, Our Lady of Good Voyage of Calaguas, St. Philip of San Felipe of Basud, Holy Family of Talobatib, Our Lady of All Nations of Tabugon, the Chaplaincy of St. Roch of Tabas, the Quasi Parish of the Divine Mercy and the Parish of San Lorenzo, the Deacon. SPACFI was inaugurated in this period.
To accommodate the increasing number of priestly vocations, in 1997 Bishop Benjamin Almoneda started the Holy Trinity College Seminary project; construction of the seminary compound started in 1999, and took about six years.
Bishop Nestor Carino was appointed Auxiliary Bishop of Daet in 2003.
After parish consultations from 2001-2002, the Synodal sessions were held from 2002-2003. The decrees of the synod were promulgated in January 2004, a common pastoral direction of the diocese was defined, and the pastoral program for the next five years defined.
From fourteen parishes and three vicariates in 1974 the diocese grew to 24 canonically erected parishes, 5 quasi-parishes plus one chaplaincy and five vicariates, with concomitant personnel increases.
On December 2004 the Pearl Jubilee Celebration started by launching the MSK in Labo; on April 11, 2005, on the occasion of the 75th Birth Anniversary of Bishop Almoneda, the Our Lady of Gudalupe Chapel was dedicated; in May 2005 the diocesan catechetical Day was celebrated; on May 28, the Pearl Jubilee Santacruzan was held.
|Most Rev. Celestino R. Enverga, D.D.||27 May 1974 – 16 October 1990 Died|
|Most Rev. [[ 4 April 2007 – 2 February 2017 Transferred to the Archdiocese of Lipa|
Diocesan Curia and Ministry Heads
- Vicar General & Chancellor – Rev. Fr. Ronald Anthony P. Timoner
- Vicar General & Episcopal Vicar of the Clergy - Rev. Fr. Augusto Jesus B. Angeles III
- Judicial Vicar - Rev. Msgr. Joselito C. Asis, J.C.D.
- Oeconomus - Rev. Fr. Cirilo Edgar V. Eboña, Ph.D.
- Ministry on Prayer - Rev. Fr. Fidel S. Era, Jr.
- Ministry on Liturgy - Rev. Fr. Don Wenn C. Villa
- Ministry on Faith Formation - Rev. Fr. Omar C. Oco
- Ministry on Social Services - Rev. Fr. Rogelio P. Yarte, Jr.
- Ministry on Stewardship - Rev. Fr. Noel R. Domingo
- Ministry for the Family - Rev. Fr. Angelito N. de Torres
- Ministry for the Clergy, Religious and Seminarians - Rev. Fr. Augusto Jesus B. Angeles III
- Ministry for the Youth - Rev. Fr. Edwin M. Visda
Vicar Forane: Rev. Fr. Rogelio P. Yarte, Jr.
- St. Raphael the Archangel Parish – Basud, Camarines Norte 4608
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Rogelio P. Yarte, Jr.
- Parish and Shrine of St. Anthony of Padua – Mercedes, Camarines Norte 4601
- Rector/Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Edwin M. Visda
- San Lorenzo Ruiz de Manila Parish – San Lorenzo Ruiz, Camarines Norte 4610
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Ronald L. Bardon
- St. Nicholas de Tolentino Parish – Colasi, Mercedes, Camarines Norte 4601
- Parish Administrator: Rev. Fr. Eduardo G. Regore, Jr.
- St. Philip the Apostle Parish – San Felipe, Basud, Camarines Norte 4608
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Virgilio C. Alburo
- Our Mother of Perpetual Help Quasi-Parish – Taisan, Basud, Camarines Norte 4608
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Noel R. Domingo
- St. Isidore Labrador Quasi-Parish – Manguisoc, Mercedes, Camarines Norte 4601
- Parish Administrator: Rev. Fr. Noel R. Domingo
- Vicariate of St. John the Baptist (Daet)
Vicar Forane: Rev. Fr. Jose Chito M. Estrella
- Parroquia de San Juan Bautista – Daet, Camarines Norte 4600
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Ronald Anthony P. Timoner
- Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity – Gahonon, Daet, Camarines Norte 4600
- Vice Rector: Rev. Fr. Omar C. Oco
- St. Joseph, Husband of Mary Parish – Lag-on, Daet, Camarines Norte 4600
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Neil Leo L. Sureta
- Divine Mercy Parish – Alawihao, Daet, Camarines Norte 4600
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Luis R. Ibasco, Jr.
- Our Lady of Peñafrancia Parish – Moreno-Gubat, Daet, Camarines Norte 4600
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Cirilo Edgar V. Eboña, PhD
Vicar Forane: Rev. Fr. Edwin J. Abel
- Parroquia de San Pedro Apostol – Vinzons, Camarines Norte 4603
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Augusto Jesus B. Angeles III
- St. Francis of Assisi Parish – Talisay, Camarines Norte 4602
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Edwin J. Abel
- St. Vincent Ferrer Parish – San Vicente, Camarines Norte 4609 (administered by the Piarist Fathers)
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Manuel T. Pastrana, Jr., Sch.P
- Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Parish – Calaguas, Vinzons, Camarines Norte 4603 (administered by the Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity)
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Jerry Llona, SOLT
- Our Lady of Fatima Shrine – Mangcauayan, Vinzons, Camarines Norte 4603
- Rector: Rev. Fr. Fidel S. Era, Jr.
- St. Paul the Apostle Quasi-Parish – Sabang, Vinzons, Camarines Norte 4603
- Parish Administrator: Rev. Fr. Luis M. Puno, Jr.
- Vicariate of St. John the Apostle (Eastern part of Labo)
Vicar Forane: Rev. Fr. Renato Bron, MF
- St. John the Apostle & Evangelist Parish – Labo, Camarines Norte 4604
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Julito L. Heraldo
- St. Cajetan Parish – Tulay na Lupa, Labo, Camarines Norte 4604 (administered by the Missionaries of Faith)
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Renato Bron, MF
- Holy Family Quasi-Parish – Talobatib, Labo, Camarines Norte 4604
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Angelito N. de Torres
Vicar Forane: Rev. Fr. Rodello E. Rempillo
- Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de Candelaria – Paracale, Camarines Norte 4605
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Rodello E. Rempillo
- Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish – Jose Panganiban, Camarines Norte 4606
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Joel C. Villania
- St. Roch Parish – Larap, Jose Panganiban, Camarines Norte 4606
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Alejandro P. Cabonellas
- St. Roche Parish – Batobalani, Paracale, Camarines Norte 4605
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Jose Lito V. Chavez
- St. Roque Parish – Tabas, Paracale, Camarines Norte 4605
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Luis M. Puno, Jr.
Vicar Forane: Rev. Fr. Salvador L. Babala IV
- Diocesan Shrine of Jesus the Black Nazarene of Capalonga / St. Lucy, Virgin and Martyr Parish – Capalonga, Camarines Norte 4607
- Rector/Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Salvador L. Babala IV
- St. James the Apostle Parish – Calabaca, Capalonga, Camarines Norte 4607
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Eric L. Orido
- St. Didachus of Alcala Parish – Bagong Silang I, Labo, Camarines Norte 4604
- Parish Administrator: Rev. Fr. Arnold P. Magana
- Vicariate of St. Helena (Santa Elena)
Vicar Forane: Rev. Fr. Jose R. Julian
- St. Helena the Empress Parish – Santa Elena, Camarines Norte 4611
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Jose R. Julian
- St. Lawrence the Deacon Parish – Lower Minasag, Santa Elena, Camarines Norte 4611
- Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Milo Jojo Caymo
- The Visitation of Mary Parish – Tabugon, Santa Elena, Camarines Norte 4611
- Parish Administrator: Rev. Fr. Henry Bercasio, SOLT
- Holy Trinity College Seminary – Maharlika Highway, Bautista, Labo, Camarines Norte 4604
- Rector: Rev. Fr. Melvin Gamelo
- Vocational Director: Rev. Fr. Don Wenn C. Villa
- Formator: Rev. Fr. Pedro B. Molina, Jr.
Religious Congregations and Organizations
- Augustinian Sisters of Our Lady of Consolation (OSA)
- Little Brethren of Mary Sisters (LBM)
- Augustinian Missionaries of the Philippines (AMP)
- Disciples of St Therese of the Infant Jesus (DST)
- Oblate Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (OIHM)
- Poor Daughters of the Crowned Virgin, Perpetual Adorers of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (DCV)
- Congregation of the Immaculate Conception of Castres (CICC)
- Franciscan Sisters of the Incarnate Word (FSIW)
- Daughters of Mary, Mother of the Church (DM)
- Missionaries of Faith (MF)
- Order of Clerics Regular Minor (Adorno Fathers), (CRM)
- Order of the Pious School (Piarist Fathers), (SchP)
- Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (SOLT)
- Adoracion Nocturna Filipina
- Apostolado ng Panalangin
- Catholic Women’s League
- Daughters of Mary Immaculate
- Divine Mercy Apostolate
- El Shaddai
- Holy Name Society
- Knights of the Altar
- Knights of Columbus
- Legion of Mary
- Mother Butler's Mission Guild
- Neo-Catechumenal Way
- Parish Renewal Experience (PREX)
- Prayer Warriors of the Holy Souls
- Spirit of Love Charismatic Community
- La Consolacion College (F-1948)
- F. Pimentel Ave., Daet, 4600 Camarines Norte
- St. Francis Parochial School (F-1966)
- Contreras St., Talisay, 4602 Camarines Norte
- St. John The Apostle Academy (F-1961)
- Villaflores St., Labo, 4604 Camarines Norte
- Capalonga Parochial School (F-1964)
- Capalonga, Camarines Norte 4607
- Our Lady of Candelaria Parochial School (F-1967)
- Paracale, 4605 Camarines Norte
- Apostolic Care Center (F-1977)
- Labo, 4604 Camarines Norte
- Ave Maria Child Center (F-1990)
- Jose Panganiban, 4606 Camarines Norte
- Basud Parochial School (F-1987)
- San Rafael St., Basud, 4608 Camarines Norte
- San Vicente Parochial School
- San Vicente, 4609 Camarines Norte
- Larap Kindergarten
- Larap, Jose Panganiban, 4606 Camarines Norte
- Saint Roche Children Center
- Batobalani, Paracale, 4605 Camarines Norte
- Santa Elena Parochial School
- Santa Elena, 4611 Camarines Norte