Roman Catholic Diocese of Goroka
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Goroka is a suffragan diocese of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Mount Hagen. It was erected Vicariate Apostolic in 1959 and elevated to a diocese in 1966. In 1982, part of the diocese was separated to become the Diocese of Kundiawa.
Coat of arms
The new coat of arms of the Diocese was adopted in 2016. The proposal of coat of arms created Marek Sobola, a heraldic specialist from Slovakia, who also made a coat of arms for the new Bishop Dariusz Kałuża MSF.
- Bernard Schilling, S.V.D. (1959–1966)
- John Edward Cohill, S.V.D. (1966–1980)
- Raymond Rodly Caesar, S.V.D. (1980–1987)
- Michael Marai (1988–1994) - presently Bishop Emeritus
- Francesco Sarego, S.V.D. (1995–2016)
- Dariusz Kałuża MSF (2016–present)
- "Diocese of Goroka". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2007-01-08.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Papua New Guinea is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|