Diocese of Ilagan
|Diocese of Ilagan
Diyosesis ng Ilagan
|Area||10,664 km2 (4,117 sq mi)|
|(as of 2006)
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||21 January 1970|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of St. Michael the Archangel in Gamu, Isabela|
|Co-cathedral||St. Ferdinand Parish Church in Ilagan, Isabela (former seat of the Diocese)|
|Patron saint||St. Ferdinand|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Sergio Utleg|
|Emeritus Bishops||Most Rev. Joseph Amangi Nacua, O.F.M. Cap., D.D. (resigned on February 25, 2017)|
|Website of the Diocese|
Established in 1970, the diocese is a suffragan of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tuguegarao.
The diocese had no jurisdictional changes. The seat of the diocese used to be located in Saint Ferdinand Parish Church in Ilagan City before being transferred to the Cathedral of Saint Michael the Archangel in Gamu, Isabela in 2013.
Currently, the Bishop Administrator of the Diocese is Most Rev. Prudencio Padilla Andaya,C.I.C.M., D.D. (Bishop of Apostolic Vicariate of Tabuk).
- Francisco Raval Cruces † (4 Mar 1970 Appointed - 22 Aug 1973 Appointed, Archbishop of Zamboanga)
- Miguel Gatan Purugganan † (21 Jan 1974 Appointed - 26 Jul 1999 Resigned)
- Sergio Lasam Utleg (26 Jul 1999 Succeeded - 13 Nov 2006 Appointed, Bishop of Laoag)
- Joseph Amangi Nacua, O.F.M. Cap. (10 Jun 2008 Appointed - 25 Feb 2017 Resigned)
- Darang, Josephine (September 22, 2013). "Pope Francis transfers episcopal seat of Diocese of Ilagan to Gamu, Isabela". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 29 March 2015.