Roman Catholic Diocese of Ilagan
|Diocese of Ilagan
Diyosesis ng Ilagan
|Area||10,664 km2 (4,117 sq mi)|
|(as of 2006)
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||21 January 1970|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of St. Michael the Archangel (Former St. Ferdinand Cathedral) in Gamu, Isabela|
|Patron saint||St. Ferdinand|
|Bishop||Joseph Amangi Nacua|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Sergio Utleg|
|Vicar General||John Arthur P. Bartolome|
|Website of the Diocese|
Established in 1970, the diocese is a suffragan of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tuguegarao.
The diocese had no jurisdictional changes. The seat of the diocese used to be located in Saint Ferdinand Parish Church in Ilagan City before being transferred to the Cathedral of Saint Michael the Archangel in Gamu, Isabela in 2013.
The current bishop is Joseph Amangi Nacua, appointed in 2008.
- Francisco Raval Cruces † (4 Mar 1970 Appointed - 22 Aug 1973 Appointed, Archbishop of Zamboanga)
- Miguel Gatan Purugganan † (21 Jan 1974 Appointed - 26 Jul 1999 Resigned)
- Sergio Lasam Utleg (26 Jul 1999 Succeeded - 13 Nov 2006 Appointed, Bishop of Laoag)
- Joseph Amangi Nacua, O.F.M. Cap. (10 Jun 2008 Appointed - )
- Darang, Josephine (September 22, 2013). "Pope Francis transfers episcopal seat of Diocese of Ilagan to Gamu, Isabela". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 29 March 2015.