Roman Catholic Diocese of Kerry
|Diocese of Kerry
St Mary's Cathedral, Killarney, the episcopal seat of the bishops of Kerry.
|Country||Republic of Ireland|
|Territory||Most of County Kerry and parts of County Cork|
|Ecclesiastical province||Province of Cashel|
|Metropolitan||Archdiocese of Cashel and Emly|
|Area||2,047 sq mi (5,300 km2)|
|(as of 2006)
|Established||Diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe in the early 12th century, renamed Diocese of Kerry on 20 December 1952|
|Cathedral||St Mary's Cathedral, Killarney|
|Patron saint||St Brendan|
Bishop of Kerry
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Kieran O'Reilly,
Archbishop of Cashel and Emly
|Emeritus Bishops||William Murphy,
Bishop-emeritus of Kerry
The Diocese of Kerry (Irish: Deoise Chiarraí) is a Roman Catholic diocese in south-western Ireland. It is one of six suffragan dioceses in the ecclesiastical province of Cashel (also known as Munster) and is subject to the Archbishop of Cashel and Emly. The diocese was established in the early 12th century as the "Diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe". It changed its name to the "Diocese of Kerry" on 20 December 1952. The cathedral church of the diocese is St Mary's Cathedral.
Bishop of Kerry
Deaneries and Parishes
- Deanery of Corca Dhuibhne – Parishes: Annascaul · Ballyferriter · Castlegregory · Dingle.
- Deanery of Tralee – Parishes: Spa · St Brendan's · St John's.
- Deanery of St. Brendan's – Parishes: Abbeydorney · Ardfert · Ballyheigue · Causeway & Ballyduff.
- Deanery of North Kerry – Parishes: Ballybunion · Ballydonoghue · Ballylongford · Moyvane · Tarbert.
- Deanery of Listowel – Parishes: Duagh · Listowel · Lixnaw.
- Deanery of Castleisland – Parishes: Ballymacelligott · Brosna · Castleisland · Killeentierna · Knocknagoshel.
- Deanery of Killarney – Parishes: Firies · Fossa · Glenflesk · Kilcummin · Killarney.
- Deanery of Killorglin – Parishes: Beaufort · Castlemaine · Glenbeigh · Killorglin · Milltown.
- Deanery of Iveragh – Parishes: Ballinskelligs · Cahersiveen · Caherdaniel · Valentia · Waterville.
- Deanery of Kenmare – Parishes: Glengarriff · Kenmare · Kilgarvan · Sneem · Tuosist.
- Deanery of Beara – Parishes: Adrigole · Allihies · Castletownbere · Eyeries.
- Deanery of Millstreet – Parishes: Ballydesmond · Boherbue · Dromtarriffe · Millstreet · Rathmore.
- Diocese of Kerry. Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- Diocese of Kerry. Catholic Hierarchy. Retrieved on 22 March 2009.
- Diocese of Kerry. Official website
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Diocese of Kerry and Aghadoe