Roman Catholic Diocese of Las Cruces
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Diocese of Las Cruces
Dioecesis Las Cruces
|Territory||10 counties across Southern New Mexico|
|Ecclesiastical province||Santa Fe|
|Area||44,483 sq mi (115,210 km2)|
|(as of 2010)
|Established||August 17, 1982 (34 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of the Immaculate Heart of Mary|
|Emeritus Bishops||Ricardo Ramirez, C.S.B.|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Las Cruces (Latin: Dioecesis Las Cruces) is an ecclesiastical territory or diocese of the Roman Catholic Church in the southwestern region of the United States, comprising the 10 southern counties in the state of New Mexico: Hidalgo, Grant, Luna, Sierra, Doña Ana, Otero, Lincoln, Chaves, Eddy, and Lea. It is led by a prelate bishop which serves as pastor of the mother church, Cathedral of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, in the City of Las Cruces. Its congregants are overwhelmingly Hispanic, mostly Mexican in descent. The diocese is a suffragan see of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe.
|This section needs expansion with: additional facts for history the Diocese 1982–present. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)|
The list of bishops of the diocese and their years of service:
- Catholic Church by country
- Catholic Church in the United States
- Ecclesiastical Province of Santa Fe
- Global organisation of the Catholic Church
- List of Roman Catholic archdioceses (by country and continent)
- List of Roman Catholic dioceses (alphabetical) (including archdioceses)
- List of Roman Catholic dioceses (structured view) (including archdioceses)
- List of the Catholic dioceses of the United States
- "Diocese of Las Cruces". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Diocese of Las Cruces". GCatholic.org. Retrieved 2013-05-28.