Roman Catholic Diocese of Nocera Inferiore-Sarno
The Italian Catholic diocese of Nocera Inferiore-Sarno was created in 1986, merging the historic diocese of Nocera de' Pagani with parts of the diocese of Cava e Sarno. The diocese is a suffragan of the archdiocese of Salerno-Campagna-Acerno.
List of bishops
Bishops of Nuceria (3rd century - 1260)
Diocese suppressed in 1260
Bishops of Nuceria Paganorum (1386-1818)
Diocese restored by Pope Urban VI
Bishops of Sarno 1066-1818)
- Silvestro Granito, 1818-1832
Bishops of Nuceria Pagani (1834-1986)
In 1986, the diocese of Nuceria Pagani and parts of the diocesis of Cava and Sarno were merged into the diocese of Nuceria Inferior and Sarno.
- Gioacchino Illiano, since 1987
- "Diocese of Nocera Inferiore-Sarno" Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved February 29, 2016
- "Diocese of Nocera Inferiore–Sarno" GCatholic.org. Gabriel Chow. Retrieved February 29, 2016
- Note that this is not the same as Priscus of Capua.
- Valerie Ramseyer, The Transformation of a Religious Landscape: Medieval Southern Italy, 850-1150, p. 153.
- Catholic Encyclopedia, Nocera dei Pagani (1913)
- "Bishop Francesco Marchesani". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved 21 January 2015.