Roman Catholic Diocese of Pembroke
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Diocese of Pembroke
Coat of Arms of the Diocese of Pembroke
|Established||4 May 1898|
|Cathedral||St. Columbkille Cathedral|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Pembroke (Latin: Dioecesis Pontiacensis) (erected 11 July 1882, as the Vicariate Apostolic of Pontiac) is a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Ottawa. It was elevated as the Diocese of Pembroke on 4 May 1898.
- Narcisse Zéphirin Lorrain (1882 - 1915)
- Patrick Thomas Ryan (1916 - 1937)
- Charles Leo Nelligan (1937 - 1945)
- William Joseph Smith (1945 - 1971)
- Joseph Raymond Windle (1971 - 1993)
- Brendan Michael O'Brien (1993 - 2000)
- Richard William Smith (2002 - 2007)
- Michael Mulhall (2007- )
|Year||Along with||To form|
|1908||Vicariate Apostolic of Temiskaming|
- "Diocese of Pembroke". Catholic-Hierarchy. Retrieved 2007-03-13.
- Herbermann, Charles, ed. (1913). "Diocese of Pembroke". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company.
|This article about a Roman Catholic diocese in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|