Roman Catholic Diocese of Busan
(Redirected from Roman Catholic Diocese of Pusan)
Diocese of Busan
|Territory||Busan, Ulsan, Eastern part of South Gyeongsang|
|Area||3,267 km2 (1,261 sq mi)|
|(as of 2017)|
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||January 21, 1957|
(As Apostolic Vicariate)
March 10, 1962
|Cathedral||Namcheon Cathedral of St. Paul Chong Hasang|
|Co-cathedral||Jungang Co-Cathedral of the Holy Cross|
|Bishop||Joseph Son Sam-seok|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Thaddeus Cho Hwan-gil|
|Auxiliary Bishops||Pius Sin Hozol|
|Bishops emeritus||Paul Hwang Chul-soo|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Busan (Latin: Dioecesis Busanensis) is a diocese of the Latin Church of the Catholic Church located in Busan, South Korea.
On 21 January 1957 Pope Pius XII erected as an Apostolic Vicariate of Busan. It was elevated to a diocese by Pope John XXIII on 10 March 1962.
Apostolic Vicars of Pusan
- John A. Choi Jae-seon (1957–1962)
Bishops of Busan
- John A. Choi Jae-seon (1962–1973)
- Gabriel Lee Gab-sou (1975–1999)
- Augustine Cheong Myong-jo (1999–2007)
- Paul Hwang Chul-soo (2007–2018)
- Joseph Son Sam-seok (2019–present)
- Augustine Cheong Myong-jo (1998–1999)
- Gabriel Lee Gab-sou (1971–1975)
- Paul Hwang Chul-soo (2006–2007)
- Joseph Son Sam-seok (2010–2019)
- Pius Sin Hozol (2021–present)
- ^ Cheney, David M. "Diocese of Busan". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- ^ Chow, Gabriel. "Diocese of Busan 부산 (South Korea)". GCatholic.org. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- ^ Catholic Hierarchy: "Bishop Joseph Son Sam-seok" retrieved November 7, 2015
- ^ Ha Gyeong-min (2021-05-23). "천주교 부산교구 보좌주교에 신호철 신부 임명" (in Korean). Newsis. Retrieved 2021-06-14.
35°06′00″N 129°01′59″E / 35.1000°N 129.0330°E