Roman Catholic Diocese of Qingdao
|Diocese of Qingdao
|Area||17,000 km2 (6,600 sq mi)|
|Cathedral||St. Michael's Cathedral, Qingdao|
|Bishop||Joseph Li Mingshu|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Joseph Zhang Xian-wang|
- Established on 11 February 1925 as Apostolic Prefecture of Qingdao 青島, on territory split off from the Apostolic Vicariate of Yanzhoufu 兖州府
- On 14 June 1928 it was promoted as Apostolic Vicariate of Qingdao 青島, remaining a pre-diocesan jurisdiction (exempt, i.e. directly subject to the Holy See), but now entitled to a [titular bishop].
- On 1 July 1937, it lost territory to establish the Apostolic Vicariate of Yizhoufu 沂州府
- 11 April 1946: Promoted as Diocese of Qingdao 青島.
(all Roman Rite)
- Apostolic Prefects of Qingdao 青島
- Georg Weig, Divine Word Missionaries (S.V.D.) (18 March 1925 – 14 June 1928 see below)
- Apostolic Vicars of Qingdao 青島
- Georg Weig, S.V.D. (see above 14 June 1928 – 1941), Titular Bishop of Antandrus (1928.06.14 – 1941.10.03)
- Thomas (Cardinal) Tien-ken-sin, S.V.D. (田耕莘) (10 November 1942 – 11 April 1946), Titular Bishop of Ruspæ (1939.07.11 – 1946.02.18), previously Apostolic Prefect of Yanggu 陽穀 (China) (1934.02.23 – 1939.07.11), promoted Apostolic Vicar of Yanggu 陽穀 (1939.07.11 – 1942.11.10); later Cardinal-Priest of Santa Maria in Via (1946.02.22 – 1967.07.24), Metropolitan Archbishop of Beijing 北京 (China) (1946.04.11 – 1967.07.24) and Apostolic Administrator of Taipei 臺北 (Taiwan) (1959.12.16 – 1966.02.15)
- Suffragan Bishops of Qingdao 青島
- Faustino M. Tissot, Xaverian Missionary Fathers (S.X.) (1946–1947), later Bishop of Zhengzhou 鄭州 (China) (1946.05.10 – 1983)
- Augustin Olbert, S.V.D. (8 July 1948 – 18 November 1964)
- uncanonical: Paul Han Xi-rang (韓錫讓), Friars Minor (O.F.M.), consecrated without papal mandate (1988 – 1992.03.06)
- Li Mingshu (August 2000 – ... )
- "Shandong: ordination d'un évêque "officiel" pour le diocèse de Qingdao après huit années de vacance" [Shandong: Bishop's ordination "official" for the Diocese of Qingdao after an eight year vacancy]. eglasie.mepasie.org (in French). Eglises D'Asie. Sep 2000. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|