Roman Catholic Diocese of San Bernardino
|Diocese of San Bernardino
Dioecesis Sancti Bernardi
|Territory||Counties of San Bernardino and Riverside|
|Ecclesiastical province||Los Angeles|
|Metropolitan||San Bernardino, California|
|Established||July 14, 1978|
|Cathedral||Our Lady of the Rosary Cathedral|
|Patron saint||St. Bernardine of Siena
Our Lady of Guadalupe
|Bishop||Gerald Richard Barnes
Bishop of San Bernardino
|Metropolitan Archbishop||José Gómez
Archbishop of Los Angeles
The Roman Catholic Diocese of San Bernardino (Latin: Dioecesis Sancti Bernardi) is a Roman Catholic diocese centered in San Bernardino, California. It was founded on July 14, 1978, and comprises San Bernardino and Riverside counties. The Diocese of San Bernardino used to be part of the Diocese of San Diego. The diocese has 91 parishes, 7 missions and 5 chapels in its territory, and it is considered a home mission diocese; its cathedral is Our Lady of the Rosary Cathedral in San Bernardino. The diocese has become well known as one of the leaders among Catholic dioceses in implementing the Parish Coordinator model of parish leadership.
- Auxiliary bishops
- Gerald Richard Barnes (1992–1995)
- Dennis Patrick O'Neil (2001–2003)
- Rutilio del Riego Jáñez (2005-2015)
- Aquinas High School, San Bernardino
- Notre Dame High School, Riverside
- Xavier College Preparatory High School, Palm Desert
- Our Lady of the Desert School*, Yucca Valley
- *Not associated with the Diocese, though offers traditional Catholic education.
- Catholic Church by country
- Catholic Church hierarchy
- List of the Catholic dioceses of the United States
- http://www.sbdiocese.org/about/facts.cfm. Missing or empty
- Stammer, Larry B. (1995-03-23). "Bishop of San Bernardino Diocese Reassigned to Reno". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
- "Priest in Riverside Is Named Auxiliary Bishop". Los Angeles Times. 2005-07-27. Retrieved 2009-05-22.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|