Roman Catholic Diocese of San José de Mayo
|Diocese of San José de Mayo
Dioecesis Sancti Iosephi in Uraquaria
Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
|Area||11,482 km2 (4,433 sq mi)|
|(as of 2004)
|Established||15 November 1955 (61 years ago)|
|Cathedral||Catedral Basílica de San José de Mayo|
|Bishop||Arturo Eduardo Fajardo Bustamante|
|Diócesis de San José de Mayo|
The diocese was created in 1955, from territory in the Archdiocese of Montevideo and the Diocese of Salto. It covers the Departments of San José and Flores. The diocese is currently a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Montevideo. Its see is at the Cathedral of San José de Mayo.
The current bishop is Arturo Eduardo Fajardo Bustamante who was appointed in 2007.
- Luis Baccino † (20 Dec 1955 Appointed - 5 Jul 1975 Died)
- Herbé Seijas † (15 Oct 1975 Appointed - 3 May 1983 Died)
- Pablo Jaime Galimberti di Vietri (12 Dec 1983 Appointed - 16 May 2006 Appointed, Bishop of Salto)
- Arturo Eduardo Fajardo Bustamante (27 Jun 2007 Appointed - )
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roman Catholic Diocese of San José de Mayo.|
- Website - Diocese of San José de Mayo (Spanish)
- "Diocese of San José de Mayo". Catholic Hierarchy. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- "Diocese of San José de Mayo". GCatholic.org. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Uruguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|