Roman Catholic Diocese of San Pedro
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Diocese of San Pedro
Dioecesis Sancti Petri Apostoli
|Area||20,002 km2 (7,723 sq mi)|
|(as of 2004)
- On June 5, 1978, the Diocese of San Pedro was established from the Diocese of Concepción
- Bishops of San Pedro (Roman rite)
- Bishop Pierre Jubinville (6 November 2013 – present)
- Bishop Adalberto Martínez Flores (February 19, 2007 – March 14, 2012)
- Bishop Fernando Armindo Lugo Méndez, S.V.D. (March 5, 1994 – January 11, 2005). Bishop Lugo requested laicization in 2005 to allow him to run for President of Paraguay. The Church at first refused, going so far as to suspend him as bishop when he ran for office anyway, but eventually granted lay status after he was elected.
- Bishop Oscar Páez Garcete (June 5, 1978 – July 10, 1993)
- "Paraguay's president, ex-bishop, granted lay status". Nokesville, Virginia: Trinity Communications. 2008-07-30. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
|This Paraguay-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in South America is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|