Roman Catholic Diocese of Sandakan
|Diocese of Sandakan
|Ecclesiastical province||Kota Kinabalu|
|Area||43,657 km2 (16,856 sq mi)|
|(as of 2015)
|Established||16 July 2007|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of St Mary in Sandakan|
|Bishop||Datuk Julius Dusin Gitom|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Datuk John Wong Soo Kau|
The diocese was created on 16 July 2007, from some territory of the diocese of Kota Kinabalu. Julius Dusin Gitom was appointed as the first bishop of the diocese. The diocese covers the Sandakan and Tawau Divisions of Sabah State.
List of parishes
There are 6 parishes located in the Diocese of Sandakan.
- Cathedral of St. Mary Parish, Sandakan
- St. Dominic's Parish, Lahad Datu
- St. Martin's Parish, Telupid
- Holy Trinity Parish, Tawau
- St. Mary's Parish, Sandakan
- Our Lady of Fatima Parish, Beluran
- "The Pope creates diocese of Sandakan and appoints first Bishop". Agenzia Fides. 17 July 2007.
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|