Roman Catholic Diocese of Tandag
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Diocese of Tandag
Diyosesis ng Tandag
|Territory||Surigao del Sur|
|Ecclesiastical province||Cagayan de Oro|
|Metropolitan||Cagayan de Oro|
|Deaneries||1.Immaculate Conception Vicariate 2.San Nicolas de Tolentino Vicariate 3.Mother of Mercy Vicariate 4.St.Vincent de Paul Vicariate|
|Area||4,862 km2 (1,877 sq mi)|
|(as of 2010)
|Sui iuris church||Latin Church|
|Established||16 June 1978|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of Saint Nicholas of Tolentino in Tandag|
|Patron saint||San Nicolas de Tolentino|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Antonio Ledesma|
|Emeritus Bishops||Ireneo A. Amantillo Bishop Emeritus (1978-2001) Nereo P. Odchimar Bishop Emeritus (2001-2018)|
|Website of the Diocese|
Erected in 1978, the diocese was created from territory in the Diocese of Surigao.
The diocese has experienced no jurisdictional changes, and is a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro.
On 26 February 2018, Pope Francis named Rev. Fr. Raul B. Dael, Vicar for the Clergy of the Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro as the bishop of Tandag replacing the Most. Rev. Nereo P. Odchimar whose resignation after reaching the mandatory age of retirement was accepted by Pope Francis.
- Most Rev. Ireneo A. Amantillo, C.SS.R. (6 Sep 1978 Appointed - 18 Oct 2001 Resigned)
- Most Rev. Nereo P. Odchimar (18 Oct 2001 Appointed - 26 Feb 2018 Resigned)
- Most Rev. Raul B. Dael (26 Feb 2018 Appointed)
- Rev. Msgr. Isidro H. Irizari, PC, VG
- Rev. Msgr. Arturo P. Langit, EV
- Rev. Msgr. Jaime B. Panares, EV
- "Pope Francis appoints new bishop for Tandag, Philippines - Vatican News". Retrieved 2018-02-26.