Roman Catholic Diocese of Whitehorse
|Diocese of Whitehorse
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Gerard Pettipas|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Whitehorse (Latin: Dioecesis Equialbensis) is a Roman Catholic diocese that includes Yukon Territory and the northern portion of British Columbia north of latitude 57 degrees.
As of 2003, the diocese contains 23 parishes, 4 active diocesan priests, 9 religious priests, and 9,000 Catholics. It also has 8 Women Religious, 10 Religious Brothers, and 1 permanent deacon.
The following is a list of the bishops of Whitehorse and their terms of service:
- James Philip Mulvihill (1967-1971)
- Hubert Patrick O'Connor (1971-1986)
- Thomas Joseph Lobsinger (1987-2000)
- Gary Gordon (2006-2014) Appointed Bishop of Victoria
- Diocese of Whitehorse page at catholichierarchy.org retrieved July 14, 2006
|This article about a Roman Catholic diocese in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about Yukon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|