Roman Catholic Diocese of Whitehorse
|Diocese of Whitehorse
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Whitehorse (Latin: Dioecesis Equialbensis) is a Roman Catholic diocese that includes Yukon Territory and the northern portion of British Columbia north of latitude 57 degrees. It is currently led by Bishop Gary Gordon.
As of 2003, the diocese contains 23 parishes, 4 active diocesan priests, 9 religious priests, and 9,000 Catholics. It also has 8 Women Religious, 10 Religious Brothers, and 1 permanent deacon.
The following is a list of the bishops of Whitehorse and their terms of service:
- James Philip Mulvihill (1967-1971)
- Hubert Patrick O'Connor (1971-1986)
- Thomas Joseph Lobsinger (1987-2000)
- Gary Gordon (2006-present)
- Diocese of Whitehorse page at catholichierarchy.org retrieved July 14, 2006
|This article about a Roman Catholic diocese in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about Yukon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|